Thread: Eliminator 20' Daytona?

Eliminator 4 Life
    Oh yeah.
    Westcoast = Closed bow
    Eastcoast = Cuddy = Closed Bow
    My Bad :hammerhea
    Not your bad actually Hot Boats ha ha

Kilrtoy
    I stand corrected. The official scorecard had Mark's best run marked down at 143 (according to the official radar gun) in Sacramento. (See attached pic). Due to the angle of the radar, he was probably actually going 146. At least that's the difference that I saw between GPS and the radar gun.
    Im curious, how exactly was the radar placed that caused a 3MPH difference, showing a slower speed?

Eliminator 4 Life
    Im curious, how exactly was the radar placed that caused a 3MPH difference, showing a slower speed?
    Kilr we cant tell you that you should have been there

Eliminator 4 Life
    Now I have seen it all. I was looking into the hot boat magazine a little further when have you ever seen a 25 foot shockwave with twins :argue: The Boat they have in there is a 29 how the hell

Kilrtoy
    I think Havasu hanging was drinking some of the CIg juice when he was proof reading

Robbie Racer
    Well I from Lake Don Pedro I usually go there or the Delta. What kinda of drag boat do you got? A good friend of the family had one called blown bucks used to run out of Hog Back on the Delta ring any bells. Im suprised I havent seen you before either well if you see me my name is Robbie to so it wont be hard to remember
    I don't remember a Blown Bucks drag boat but it could have been running before I got into drag boat racing (in 1997). I owned and drove "Risky Business" a 19' Daytona Pro Gas Jet drag boat in both the NJBA and IHBA from 1998 through 2001. But the boat that I cracked the side when I was thrown out was a 18' CP light weight drag tunnel called "Bitch Quick" owned by Harold Traylor out of Modesto. I will look for you at some of the local boating events this summer and introduce myself.
    Kilrtoy, the reason that the radar and GPS numbers are off at the Bridge to Bridge event is because of the way the course is laid out. In order to get the correct speed reading on radar, you need to be heading straight towards or away from the gun. At the Sacramento course that is difficult to do because you have to pass under a bridge with pylons that are fairly close together (at least it looks like they are close at high speed) right after you pass the gun. As soon as you go under that bridge you have to make a fairly hard left hand turn due to the rivers direction. Most drivers aim further left away from the gun in order to better negotiate that turn and that throws the radar readings off a few mph.
    Keith

Kilrtoy
    At ten degrees the radar is still acurate, so to lose 3 mph they would have to be off quite a bit. Ill do the math later, the wife is yelling to get ready....

Eliminator 4 Life
    I don't remember a Blown Bucks drag boat but it could have been running before I got into drag boat racing (in 1997). I owned and drove "Risky Business" a 19' Daytona Pro Gas Jet drag boat in both the NJBA and IHBA from 1998 through 2001. But the boat that I cracked the side when I was thrown out was a 18' CP light weight drag tunnel called "Bitch Quick" owned by Harold Traylor out of Modesto. I will look for you at some of the local boating events this summer and introduce myself.
    Kilrtoy, the reason that the radar and GPS numbers are off at the Bridge to Bridge event is because of the way the course is laid out. In order to get the correct speed reading on radar, you need to be heading straight towards or away from the gun. At the Sacramento course that is difficult to do because you have to pass under a bridge with pylons that are fairly close together (at least it looks like they are close at high speed) right after you pass the gun. As soon as you go under that bridge you have to make a fairly hard left hand turn due to the rivers direction. Most drivers aim further left away from the gun in order to better negotiate that turn and that throws the radar readings off a few mph.
    Keith
    IT was a Shovel nose Sanger blown and injected it ran around 125mph.I will look forward to meeting you RR.

RiverOtter
    Not your bad actually Hot Boats ha ha
    Good point. What's even funnier, If I read it right. The pics show twin Scorpions. The right up shows a 496???

RiverOtter
    Now I have seen it all. I was looking into the hot boat magazine a little further when have you ever seen a 25 foot shockwave with twins :argue: The Boat they have in there is a 29 how the hell
    I know ... Duh!!! They got the write up confused with the one going in the Powerboat Mag :notam:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast