Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kWICHERBICHEN 70'S ANYBODY?

76BARRON
    Here's the story..... Back in the early 70's we (family) used to hang out at Parker and Havasu Springs. On one trip we meet some folks with some bad ass boats at the spring's and the name on one of the boats was KWICHERBICHEN!
    They had 3 or 4 bad ass flat's ,some I think were Hondo's,I don't remember the name's on the boats but one of them was gold colered with number's on the side and painted on the deck was "Record Holder 122.00 mph" (give or take a few mph)anyway...they were a real COOL group as they kept offering us rides! We didn't take them up on it as we had our own flat bottom Stevens with a 427 ford that we still have today.It was just as well as later on in the day they flipped one of the boat's while playing off of the beach at Havasu Springs. My dad said he rememberd them saying that the buisness they were in was "Scale's" or somthing to do with scale's? One of the girls there(daughter?)was named Brownie? I think? I sent a PM to Kwicherbichen
    on thes board's and he is not the same person , but he tell's me that
    Lonnie Fluent may have been part of this group back then.
    To a kid back then(me) this was "HOT" stuff! I was just thinking about the old day's and rememberd this story. Does anybody remember this group? and who? and or where ?, or if? these folk's are still around? I'm just curious as those were FUN times!
    John/76BARRON

superdave013
    Cyclone Speed and Marine and Clay Smith Cams campained that boat. Gary Carrol (sp) did the driving. George at Clay Smith still has all the hardware tucked away.
    What up, did you forget that it had twin engines in it?
    I have a bunch of pics. Let me did some up.

superdave013
    Gary Carrol in the background. A young George Striegel on the right.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Engine-med.jpg

BIGCHRIS
    COOL pics ,be nice to see some of those in the water cruising.

Kachina26
    WOW :jawdrop:

76BARRON
    Cyclone Speed and Marine and Clay Smith Cams campained that boat. Gary Carrol (sp) did the driving. George at Clay Smith still has all the hardware tucked away.
    What up, did you forget that it had twin engines in it?
    I have a bunch of pics. Let me did some up.
    The name is right but the boat was different....The boat I remember seeing was red/burgandy hondo? with a 468 bbc w/tunnel ram another boat there on the same day may have been kwicherbichen II .Those were some crazy guy's!

fltflyn
    one question. all that into one vdrive or am i missing something or twothings??

Kim Hanson
    This is tit's.............( . )( . )....................
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Water-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast