Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blockbuster Video Store

1978 Rogers
    So I went to Blockbusters tonight to rent a movie. As I was walking along the wall of new videos, I notice F 9/11. It wasn't hard to miss. It took up half of one of the sections. They had 119 of them on the wall. As many as Spiderman 2. Isn't that a little excessive?
    By the way I checked out Anchorman.

Forkin' Crazy
    Go figure.... :yuk:
    Any one see the Farenhype 9.... what ever it was? Or do they not have it?

EricPhilbin
    Reguardless of your views on the content, the movie IS up for best picture. Blockbuster is a business, and I'm sure the decision to have 119 copys is strictly business.

1978 Rogers
    About 90 percent of them were in. If it were strictly a money make, they'd all be out. Not sitting on the shelf.

Forkin' Crazy
    Reguardless of your views on the content, the movie IS up for best picture. Blockbuster is a business, and I'm sure the decision to have 119 copys is strictly business.
    Best picture of what? Bullshit propaganda maybe!!!!!
    I guess the next thing you are going to tell me is that it was a documentary!
    Yea, that's what I do with my business, stock a shit pile of stuff that doesn't sell. :hammerhea

EricPhilbin
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0361596/awards
    I think we'd both agree that is is full of biases and iffy assertions. I personally dont like Moore, he just happens to fall on the same side of the isle that I do. I also think that a film like this can hurt more that help what I believe to be important to the country, because of it not being TOTALLY credible. I look elsewhere for that.
    On thing that cannot be argued is that it is a documentry (albiet a possibly weak one), and that it has won Best Picture (People's Choice, amoung others) and will probably be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.
    Cheers

Blown 472
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0361596/awards
    I think we'd both agree that is is full of biases and iffy assertions. I personally dont like Moore, he just happens to fall on the same side of the isle that I do. I also think that a film like this can hurt more that help what I believe to be important to the country, because of it not being TOTALLY credible. I look elsewhere for that.
    On thing that cannot be argued is that it is a documentry (albiet a possibly weak one), and that it has won Best Picture (People's Choice, amoung others) and will probably be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.
    Cheers
    You are wearing your flame proof clothes I hope. :220v:

EricPhilbin
    oh, just encouraging a little heathy dialouge. Plus, I've got a fire extinguisher right here. I think I may need it. :mix:

Blown 472
    oh, just encouraging a little heathy dialouge. Plus, I've got a fire extinguisher right here. I think I may need it. :mix:
    Good luck on that, words to watch for would be: commie bastard, unamerican, liberal ****er, and so on. You should set up a score card and mark everytime they call you one or more of those names.

EricPhilbin
    I'll do that. And I think I should give a prize to whoever calls me the most original, colorful name.
    I know, how about my new Victor Ram, dual 650s and all the hardware, including linkage for the low low price of just $600. (Is that shameless or what?)
    Shameless Link (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67895)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast