Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicating 'Overhaulin' in Your Garage

Flying Tiger
    I dunno if you wrenchheads have caught onto the TV show Overhaulin', but if you like classic Hot Rods this is the show for you.
    It's kinda like a friendly, more technical version of the Boyd Coddington Hot Rod show which is like Jerry Springer builds a Hot Rod with in a hostile, intimitating shop atmosphere.
    I met a Phillipino once that worked for Boyd. He said in his strong accent: "Boyd is a Plick".
    In 'Overhaulin', they "steal" someones tired classic car, and hot rod every inch of it. Motor, suspention, body,, everything. The show gets far more technical with with specific spex for the viewer than the Coddington show.
    Currently, Chip Foose is taking a '56 Chevy Bel Air 4 door, and they're turning it into a 2 door (convertible I think, I've missed an episode.).
    I started pricing out what it would cost to duplicate the car they're re- building:
    $15K in metal body parts alone. The convertible frame skeleton alone is $2200.
    The new crate big block bow tie motor with trans has to run 5K to about 15k (not sure which one they're using).
    This cost is with no interior, or the endless expense for suspention and intangeables parts that anyone thats restored a car can swear is a bottomless pit of costs.
    My car restoration friends concur that having a shop of Fooses reputation do the work would by about $25K in labor alone., Damfino, that's what they tell me.
    One can only imagine that the Foose name on the project has to enhance it's value. Does a foose built car bring far more cash at an auction like the Barret Jackson?
    A Foose conversion has to juice the value more than a hack job done in Casanovas Crestfallen manors garage.
    Watching Foose alone is interesting enough in this TV show. Foose is tallented in every trade related to automotive that he touches.
    Does the Foose name juice the value of an already expensive project like these?

LHC30Victory
    How do I get them to finish my 63 Corvette???
    PLEASE

UltraLucky
    Im sure his name adds value. IT is interesting to see the diffrence between the two work environments. Foose has got the hole deal planned out to the last nut while Boyd lucky to finish in 3 months. I belive Foose was the head guy at Boyds Hot Rod shop before going off on his own. Foose was also responsible for the design on some of Boyds more famous Hot Rods.

Kim Hanson
    I dunno if you wrenchheads have caught onto the TV show Overhaulin', but if you like classic Hot Rods this is the show for you.
    It's kinda like a friendly, more technical version of the Boyd Coddington Hot Rod show which is like Jerry Springer builds a Hot Rod with in a hostile, intimitating shop atmosphere.
    I met a Phillipino once that worked for Boyd. He said in his strong accent: "Boyd is a Plick".
    In 'Overhaulin', they "steal" someones tired classic car, and hot rod every inch of it. Motor, suspention, body,, everything. The show gets far more technical with with specific spex for the viewer than the Coddington show.
    Currently, Chip Foose is taking a '56 Chevy Bel Air 4 door, and they're turning it into a 2 door (convertible I think, I've missed an episode.).
    I started pricing out what it would cost to duplicate the car they're re- building:
    $15K in metal body parts alone. The convertible frame skeleton alone is $2200.
    The new crate big block bow tie motor with trans has to run 5K to about 15k (not sure which one they're using).
    This cost is with no interior, or the endless expense for suspention and intangeables parts that anyone thats restored a car can swear is a bottomless pit of costs.
    My car restoration friends concur that having a shop of Fooses reputation do the work would by about $25K in labor alone., Damfino, that's what they tell me.
    One can only imagine that the Foose name on the project has to enhance it's value. Does a foose built car bring far more cash at an auction like the Barret Jackson?
    A Foose conversion has to juice the value more than a hack job done in Casanovas Crestfallen manors garage.
    Watching Foose alone is interesting enough in this TV show. Foose is tallented in every trade related to automotive that he touches.
    Does the Foose name juice the value of an already expensive project like these?
    Boyd is a prick and if I had a Foose car I would be in heaven. I would think that if it had the Foose name on it its worth more, shit the mags are custom built one off's.........( . )( . )........

harleypauls
    The drawings he does on the cars are amazing too. So real looking!!
    Paul

Kim Hanson
    I love his flame jobs and his use with an air brush is outstanding........( . )( . ).........

Mandelon
    I love his flame jobs and his use with an air brush is outstanding........( . )( . ).........
    Kimmy, I have seen you perform some pretty serious flame jobs too! :eat: :wink:

Kim Hanson
    Kimmy, I have seen you perform some pretty serious flame jobs too! :eat: :wink:
    I try to be amusing...........( . )( . )..............

BIGCHRIS
    Wish they would overhaul my flat,and spend some of that cash on the east coast

Kim Hanson
    Wish they would overhaul my flat,and spend some of that cash on the east coast
    I wish the same and then I could call it a Foose Special.........Instead of a red boat .........( . )( . ).......... :redface:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast