Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCT 2003 Hot Boat 700hp motor

wet77
    I have been looking through the old issues of HB for ideas on my motor and came across the Low Maintenance Powerhouse article in 2003 oct HB. Page122
    Does anyone know who's motor this is or if he is on this forum?
    This type of setup would be just what I am looking for (low maintenance)
    Was wondering though about the hydraulic roller cam and if its still holding up good for him?
    I was told not to run one but only a solid roller in a jet.
    Any info would be great :wink:

MikeF
    That is HBjets bullet! I believe he is pretty happy with it!

bp
    lvjetboy might have an opinion on hydraulic roller motors?

wet77
    lvjetboy might have an opinion on hydraulic roller motors?
    What might that be?

bp
    well, i think he's been running a hydraulic roller motor for about 3 years on the lakes? so, perhaps he might have some thoughts about them? don't know what they are, haven't asked him..

bp
    just to clarify, i run a solid roller motor. not exceptionally radical, check lash routinely, but no problems. mostly track, some lake running, but not a lot. motor has been together for 3 years, this will be the 4th. no problems.

bakerjet
    i'm running mercruiser's 454 magnum with hyd. roller, no problems

HBjet
    WET, I just replied to your email...
    That is my motor and its a runner. Ask anyone who goes to the river with me, I pretty much run the hell out of it and its holding up just perfectly. I have to credit my builder for building such a runner though. I have ran 2 different 19' California Performance Gullwings with the same motor (496, tunnel ram) and both of them had mech. roller and running on AV gas or better. Both of them claimed to be 750hp motors and both of them got a nice (close) view of my transom. So go figure!
    HBjet

bp
    difference between your hull and 19s would be like flippin coins, especially with what you've had done to yours, and who knows what they've had done to theirs. a stock 19 compared to what you've had done to yours? hah.
    just like everything else, there are 19s, and then there are 19s. i don't think you'd have much hope against brett for example... . but then, that's not really equal, is it?

Fogged Gullwing
    I think you were reading about that DNE pump gas motor 750 hp. Dave bulids a killer motor and from what I know they are fully dependable. If you call info for DNE Motorsports in costa mesa ca. you should be able to get the number. He's located right next door to MPD so it could be a two for one stop.
    BK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast