Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am back, answering tax questions

dean51267
    figure you guys answer my boat questions, so I will answer tax questions.........

welk2party
    what kind of questions?

timewarp
    Dean,
    Can you give me any information on the new federal tax law change that allows those of us in states with out state income tax to write off our state sales tax, I have heard that it will be a flat rate but you will be able to add in the interest from a major purchase. Since we bought and paid tax on our Spectre cat in 2004 I'm hoping it will save me a bunch of tax money.
    Thanks,
    Caleb

BADASS38CHEVY
    im buying a new boat in california and plan on taking a out of state delivery in oregon to take advantage of the out of state no sales tax.all i have is a friends address to use for a residence.i will not be living there and will not have a drivers license in california and will be keeping boat in parker most of the time.can you tell me what else is need to do this or am i going to have a problem.what do i need to do to save on sales tax,thanks.

dean51267
    There are tables the IRS just released, and then started changing, I hope by months end the issues will be resolved........
    THis is a tricky issue to give advice on now, check back next week and I will have a solid answer. Anyone who has an answer right now is a liar.
    Dean,
    Can you give me any information on the new federal tax law change that allows those of us in states with out state income tax to write off our state sales tax, I have heard that it will be a flat rate but you will be able to add in the interest from a major purchase. Since we bought and paid tax on our Spectre cat in 2004 I'm hoping it will save me a bunch of tax money.
    Thanks,
    Caleb

dean51267
    im buying a new boat in california and plan on taking a out of state delivery in oregon to take advantage of the out of state no sales tax.all i have is a friends address to use for a residence.i will not be living there and will not have a drivers license in california and will be keeping boat in parker most of the time.can you tell me what else is need to do this or am i going to have a problem.what do i need to do to save on sales tax,thanks.
    If you can register it out of state, you are Okay, but if yu have to register it somewhere, that is where you get snagged............
    Other than that, just take delivery out of state, chances of getting caught are slim.............

TCHB
    How much money can you make and not be taxed working out of country. How long do you have to stay out of country as a Ex Pat.

shueman
    Is Income Averaging still an option to saving a few bucks?

Kilrtoy
    Its not the IRS you have to worry about on that one
    It is the state tax franchise board that will get your ass

faster
    Dean, If you receive funds from a living trust, are they taxable and if so is the real advantage that the estate does not pay taxes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast