Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reversion?

ao/al2
    Hello everyone, hope someone can help me out once again. Well I finally started my motor and everythings great but I notice that water is getting up were the collector is. I have tail pipes and and the water dumps into the exhaust about a foot away from the collector. Im afraid that water might enter the exhaust valves. Took off the headers and I dont see any signs of water down at the heads. Should I cut the amount of water entering the tail pipe? I heard that reversion could cause this. Hope someone could help.
    AL

Havasu Hangin'
    If you want less water to the pipes, you could weld a washer into the bung where the water enters the pipe.
    Then, just run a "T" to a dump the excess overboard. That's how mine is setup.

P-Money
    ..........or you could just not run water thru them and not worry about it at all.

ao/al2
    Hey h/h. I was thinking the same thing , but I guess I just wanna hear if anyone else had this problem. Well P-money I like your idea but I dont think they will let me on the lake that way. lol

Havasu Hangin'
    Hey h/h. I was thinking the same thing , but I guess I just wanna hear if anyone else had this problem.
    Yeah...mine supposedly had a problem (before I bought the boat), and this is how GT solved it.

carreraboat
    hey hh could you post a picture?

Havasu Hangin'
    hey hh could you post a picture?
    It's kinda tough to see...so I guess you have to use your imagination:
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/h...ig_engines.jpg
    The black hoses come from the manifolds to the risers. There are washers welded in the riser bungs to restrict the water to the risers. The big braided lines T-off the bung, and go to the back of the transom, and join the dumps that are used by the chillers.

carreraboat
    thanks i see exactly what you are talking about i always like seeing how other peolple solve problems that arise

ao/al2
    Great pic h/h , It makes me feel a little better knowing that someone else had this problem at one time or another. Well I will give a try and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Al

hey al you finally got it wet?when you going to spill the beans and show everyone your set up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast