Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No shoes or children in boats

ULTRA28
    It's that time of year again. Boat show season is here and I would like some input from H.B. members. Every year we put signs in the boats that say " Please, no shoes or children in boats". Some people take offense to this. We don't mean that no kids are allowed in the boats period, just that our boats are not a playground. You have to understand that many of the people that go to these shows don't actually boat, so they don't understand how much damage kids can do to a boat without trying. My question is, do you think the wording on the signs is rude? If so can you think of something else we should put that would get the message accross without insulting people.

JustMVG
    That seems to say exactly what you want, no shoes, no kids, short of not letting anyone onboard that should be enough.
    MVG

78Eliminator
    I would just rephrase it. "Please do not enter boat without assistance". It's a tough one, cause you want people to sit and try out the boat, but at the same time you don't want them to ruin it so you have to sell it for a lot less due to damange.....

Lightning
    "Children must be accompanied by an adult"

superdave013
    ya gotta get the "F" word in there somehow. lol j/k
    I think the sign is just fine.

phebus
    From my experience at the shows, most manufacturers put a sign up stating not to board boats without checking with a sales person first. That way you could monitor who and what boards.
    Just put up a sign stating to ask before boarding, and the sales person could assure that shoes were removed, and children were not left unattended.
    After all, most of the boats at the show were built and paid for by customers prior to the show, so their interests have to be protected.

Unforgiven
    It's that time of year again. Boat show season is here and I would like some input from H.B. members. Every year we put signs in the boats that say " Please, no shoes or children in boats". Some people take offense to this. We don't mean that no kids are allowed in the boats period, just that our boats are not a playground. You have to understand that many of the people that go to these shows don't actually boat, so they don't understand how much damage kids can do to a boat without trying. My question is, do you think the wording on the signs is rude? If so can you think of something else we should put that would get the message accross without insulting people.
    some kids ain't as bad as some adults...there's places I'd take my kids instead of the "drunk Idiots", I have enough trouble as it is!!! :idea:

phebus
    Just post a sign that says "You must purchase me a beer before boarding", and after a while you won't care.

BarryMac
    "Children must be accompanied by an adult"
    Yeap, that way you can kick the parents asses if their brats get out of hand...

Mrs Luvnlife
    I think you're fine if you hang a sign that says 'Please ask for assistance before boarding'. I myself would totally understand your concern with kids & the people that don't respect the boat interior (and exterior for that matter).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast