Thread: JL Audio realized the need for marine audio, finally...

ROZ
    JL Audio Introduces High-End Marine Audio Products
    Miramar, FL January 7, 2005— JL Audio enjoys an enviable reputation as a global leader in high-end mobile audio. In 2005, JL Audio expands its offerings by introducing an all-new series of Marine Audio Products designed exclusively for boating and watercraft enthusiasts.
    Manville Smith, JL Audio’s V.P. of Marketing says, "JL Audio's mobile audio components have become increasingly popular with builders and customizers in the boating, yachting, and wake-boarding worlds, where they are frequently seen cleverly integrated into bridge, cockpit, and cabin systems. Sensing a need for quality products designed specifically for marine duty, our engineering team meticulously designed JL Audio's new marine products to weather the unique challenges of life on the water while preserving the performance qualities that have made JL Audio so successful in land-based products.”
    JL Audio’s Marine Audio Products consist of loudspeakers, subwoofers and amplifiers. All components are designed using robust materials able to withstand the toughest ocean environments: marine-grade stainless-steel fasteners, powder-coated aluminum amplifier chassis, solid-brass connectors, UV-resistant Centrex™ polymer speaker baskets, and moisture-proof driver diaphragms.
    The JL Audio Marine component loudspeakers are full-range two-way systems, available in component and coaxial models, that deliver exceptional fidelity and output for those seeking a superior listening experience.
    All systems feature high-efficiency tweeters with neodymium motor systems, one inch treated silk domes specially formulated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure, Ferrofluid-cooled and -damped motors for improved response and power handling, and UV-resistant Centrex® polymer housings. For total installation flexibility, both surface- and flush-mounting tweeter fixtures are included with the component models. Specifically optimized models are available for cockpit panel-mounting and small enclosure mounting (i.e. wakeboard boat tower systems) to ensure superior bass performance in each application. The injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone woofers are DMA-optimized, long-excursion designs for enhanced output, bass extension and power handling.
    The 10-inch M10IB5 Marine Subwoofer delivers the kind of bass that has made JL Audio famous in the automotive sound arena. This subwoofer will impress boating enthusiasts with its smoothness, balance and precision. Its ability to perform in infinite-baffle installations, combined with features and materials to ensure long life and uncompromised performance on the water, make it easy to integrate into a variety of mounting locations.
    All of the full-range, JL Audio Marine Amplifiers feature the company’s Absolute Symmetry™ Class A/B, dual N-Channel MOSFET amplifier circuits, for true Class A/B operation featuring low distortion performance and superior power symmetry significantly better than the Class B designs most often used in marine amplifiers. The Monoblock Subwoofer Marine Amplifiers feature JL Audio's patented Class D topology, which combines outstanding efficiency (less current draw per watt of audio power) with exceptional low-frequency fidelity and control.
    Pass-through preamp outputs enable multi-amp setups without splitters or adaptors (except e6450M), while captive-wire, solid-brass power connectors (up to 4 AWG) and speaker connectors (up to 8 AWG) ensure contact integrity. Stainless steel fastener hardware and an all-aluminum, white powder coated chassis ensure top performance and reliable long life in the tough marine environment. Five models are available in a wide variety of power configurations that deliver impressive system-design options.
    Continuing, Manville Smith says, “JL Audio is absolutely focused on delivering serious, performance power amplifiers for the marine environment. Our Marine Amplifiers offer sophisticated, well-proven amplifier circuits derived from JL Audio’s award-winning autosound models along with impressive signal processing capabilities that make it simple to achieve world-class audio quality in any boat.”
    The JL Audio Marine Audio Products will be available during the first and second quarter of 2005.
    Model
    Application
    Subwoofer
    M101B5
    10-inch Subwoofer, infinite-baffle
    Speaker Systems
    M770-CCS Cockpit Component System
    Infinite-baffle component system designed for in-panel installations: 7.7-inch woofer, 1-inch dome tweeter
    M770-TCS Tower Component System
    Component system designed for small-enclosure installations (tower, cabin): 7.7-inch woofer, 1-inch dome tweeter
    M770-CCX Cockpit Coaxial System
    Infinite-baffle coaxial (single-cutout) system designed for in-panel installations: 7.7-inch woofer, 1-inch dome tweeter
    M770-TCX Tower Coaxial System
    Coaxial (single- cutout) system designed for small-enclosure installations (tower, cabin): 7.7-inch woofer, 1-inch dome tweeter
    M650-CCX Cockpit Coaxial System
    Infinite-baffle coaxial (single- cutout) system designed for in-panel installations: 6.5-inch woofer, 1-inch dome tweeter
    Power Amplifiers
    el400DM
    Monoblock subwoofer amplifier using patented Class D technology; 1x240/400 watts at 4ohm/2ohm
    el800DM
    Monoblock subwoofer amplifier using patented Class D technology; 1x480/800 watts at 4ohm/2ohm
    e2150M
    2-channel full-range amplifier; 2x45/75 watts at 4ohm/2ohm,or 1x150 watts bridged at 4ohm
    e4300M
    4-channel full-range amplifier; 4x45/75 watts at 4ohm/2ohm,or up to 2x150 watts bridged at 4ohm
    e6450M
    6-channel full-range amplifier; 6x45/75 watts at 4ohm/2ohm,or up to 3x150 watts bridged at 4ohm
    http://www.jlaudio.com/press/images/MarineWoofers.jpg
    http://www.jlaudio.com/press/images/Marine_Amps.jpg

LHC30Victory
    So, what is the pricing going to be like?????

ROZ
    So, what is the pricing going to be like?????
    We don't know just yet, but I'll be post the info as soon as JL sends me the pricing schedule...

kevnmcd
    Figures....6 months after I redo all mine! Oh well, next time!

SCUBA STEVE
    Roz, whats the difference from thier current line of amps?
    I didnt read your whole post, if the answer is in there shooot me.
    Looks like me lagging on upgrading my system might pay off.

mbrown2
    So they painted their current gear white and called it a new line j/k.....
    Actually, I really like the thought of a 7.7 Mid/Mid Bass in an infinite baffle setup....Sounds like they have been looking at the 7" Pierced...
    They still have a ways to go to catch up in the Wakeboarding Tower Market....a long ways....7.7" and Car tweeter are not going to cut it... :mix:

kevnmcd
    I am in the same boat but very happy with my JL equipment that I have.
    Me, too!

ROZ
    So they painted their current gear white and called it a new line j/k.....
    They did that just to the amps... j/k ....
    I'm sure they are conformal coating them too...

ROZ
    JL says the marine gear is shipping at the end of February...
    It will be a nice alternative for those who want a "marine" speaker or amp... Too bad it's only on the "E" line amps. The slash line whould have been where it's at...
    *I have a cost sheet and guessing on the rate of markup...That being said the retail pricing on the amps will range from about 230.00 to 575.00 or so. The sub will likely retail for around 249.00 and the component system speakers should range around 399.99 pr... Actual component speaker as individual pieces should range between 89.99 and 159.99 pr , but No pricing on the coaxial speakers or component crossovers, yet...