Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gibson mufflers

vodkarocks
    I saw an ad in ***boat for gibson mufflers for boats. Has anyone tried them or know anything about them?

BoatFloating
    I talked to Ron Gibson at Glamis this weekend and he said they were part of the Hot Boat test that will be out in the March issue and they work great. My understanding they will be cheaper then any of MFG out there because he is in the exhaust business and it's all in house.

phebus
    Rocky, I've seen you party, how do you remember who you talk to. Damn, you are good!! I am just a rank amateur (an old one). Then again, maybe my liver is just shot.

shipface
    if i'am right only gibson,northstar,and imco mega-mufflers passed the decibal test. i'll make a cupple of calls and find out for sure :hammerhea :hammerhea

jackpunx
    let us know as soon as you find out..
    thanks

sleekster
    today in summit racing catalog i noticed they sell mufflers, actually what they are are inserts that fit in the end of your headers and the best part is they are only 60.00 a piece.

I think you're talking about the Car Chemistry piece. (http://www.roostwear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153)

Music to my Ears
    I just called Gibson Performance Exhaust, and they say that they can't release any info on their mufflers until they are released in about 4-6 weeks. Seems odd that they would advertise a product that's not ready to go. He wouldn't confirm any test results or give any pricing. As much as I like the Rex Marine silencers, it would be nice to have other options. :hammerhea

jackpunx
    I just called Gibson Performance Exhaust, and they say that they can't release any info on their mufflers until they are released in about 4-6 weeks. Seems odd that they would advertise a product that's not ready to go. He wouldn't confirm any test results or give any pricing. As much as I like the Rex Marine silencers, it would be nice to have other options. :hammerhea
    FYI.. have you ever seen the Gibson boat?.. well they use them on that.. Big power.. and it works really really well.. :smile:
    they are not far from release..

Music to my Ears
    FYI.. have you ever seen the Gibson boat?.. well they use them on that.. Big power.. and it works really really well.. :smile:
    they are not far from release..
    I have not. Looking forward to checking them out. :shift:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast