Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a home theater? Like concert DVD's?

MagicMtnDan
    We can talk about best movies in another thread - there are so many but I'm into concert/music DVD's - I enjoy watching them a lot more often than the movies. Here are some I highly recommend:
    * Standing in the Shadows of Motown - (The story of the Funk Brothers). This DVD has song after song of great Motown hits and the quality is wonderful. Joan Osborne's "What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted" has been praised as the "showstopping highlight" that "brings tears to one’s eyes" in this "soaring" rendition.
    * Return of the Champions - Queen + Paul Rodgers (Paul Rodgers does not try and "be Freddy Mercury" - he handles the material beautifully).
    * Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium (yes, I really like Queen) - the sound and video are above average and the concert is outstanding - over 120,000 rabid Queen fans watching Freddy and Brian and the boys rock out.
    * Supernatural - Santana
    * The Strat Pack - Live in Concert (lots of great talents here)
    * Live at the Beacon Theater - James Taylor
    * Rattle and Hum - U2
    * Live from Slane Castle - U2
    * One More Car, One More Rider - Eric Clapton (outstanding video and DTS sound)
    * Hell Freezes Over - The Eagles (DTS reference recording)
    * Live at Donington - AC/DC
    * Serious Hits...Live! - Phil Collins

moneypit
    "Rush" twin pack dealio.
    I also have "Queen".

Tom Brown
    Hey MP... are you talking about RUSH in Rio? I have that DVD set and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

yamamoto
    I too love music DVD's. My Favorites:
    Billy Idol Storytellers (superb recording quality)
    Eagles (of course)
    I just get pissed when the sound quality is terrible.

moneypit
    Hey MP... are you talking about RUSH in Rio? I have that DVD set and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I cant play it enough. Im a rush fan every week. I got to see them once.

MikeF
    This one is one to add to the collection.
    http://www.wemeanbusiness.com/stevieray.jpg

NUTHIN
    Pulse-the Division Bell Tour From 1994 Is Awesome... Only Have It On Tape,, Missed The Boat On Getting The Dvd.. Would Buy One If I Could Find It!!!! ????

yamamoto
    New Order came out with one with all of their music videos, great quality.

a catered life
    We can talk about best movies in another thread - there are so many but I'm into concert/music DVD's - I enjoy watching them a lot more often than the movies. Here are some I highly recommend:
    * Standing in the Shadows of Motown - (The story of the Funk Brothers). This DVD has song after song of great Motown hits and the quality is wonderful. Joan Osborne's "What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted" has been praised as the "showstopping highlight" that "brings tears to one’s eyes" in this "soaring" rendition.
    * Return of the Champions - Queen + Paul Rodgers (Paul Rodgers does not try and "be Freddy Mercury" - he handles the material beautifully).
    * Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium (yes, I really like Queen) - the sound and video are above average and the concert is outstanding - over 120,000 rabid Queen fans watching Freddy and Brian and the boys rock out.
    * Supernatural - Santana
    * The Strat Pack - Live in Concert (lots of great talents here)
    * Live at the Beacon Theater - James Taylor
    * Rattle and Hum - U2
    * Live from Slane Castle - U2
    * One More Car, One More Rider - Eric Clapton (outstanding video and DTS sound)
    * Hell Freezes Over - The Eagles (DTS reference recording)
    * Live at Donington - AC/DC
    * Serious Hits...Live! - Phil Collins
    the funk brothers and u2 are the only ones i can honestly say i have watched and those are great

NUTHIN
    IF YOUR NOT GOING PLASMA--I HIGHLY RECOMEND THE MITSUBISHI 62" OR THE 72" DLP.. $4,700 FOR THE 72" AND THE QUALITY IS BITCHEN!!
    MY KIDS KORN DVD EVEN LOOKS GOOD ON IT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast