Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Harassment

H20Advantage
    Recently, California ran an e-mail forum with the topic being "Community Policing."
    One of the civilian e-mail participants posed the following question:
    "I would like to know how it is possible for police officers to continually harass people and get away with it?"
    From the "other side" (the law enforcement side) a cool cop with a sense of humor replied:
    "It is not easy. In California we average one cop for every 2000 people. About 60% are on duty at any moment and available for harassing people. So, one cop is responsible for harassing about 10,000 residents.
    When you toss in the commercial, business, and tourist locations that
    attract people from other area, sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible for harassing 20,000 or more people a day. A ten-hour shift runs 36,000 seconds. This gives a cop one-second to harass a
    person, and three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND then find a new
    person to harass. This is not an easy task. Most cops are not up to it day in and day out. It is just too tiring. What we do is utilize some tools to help us narrow down those, which we harass. They are as follows:
    PHONE: People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus on
    a person for special harassment. We have a special number set up just for
    that... 911. "My neighbor is beating his wife" is a code phrase we use. Then we come out and give special harassment. Another popular one on a weeknight is, "The kids next door are having a party."
    CARS: We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive. They like to harass the drivers of fast cars, cars blasting music, cars with expired registration and the like. It is lots of fun when you pick them out of traffic for nothing more obvious than running a red light. Sometimes you get to really heap the harassment on when you find they have drugs in the car, are drunk, or have a warrant.
    RUNNERS: Some people take off running just at the sight of a police officer.
    Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them like a beagle on the scent of a bunny. When you catch them you can harass them for hours.
    CODES: When you can think of nothing else to do, there are books that give
    ideas for reasons to harass folks. They are called "Codes";Penal, Vehicle,
    Health and Safety, Business and Professions... They all spell out all sorts
    of things for which you can really mess with people. After you read the
    code, you can just drive around for a while until you find someone violating
    one of these listed offenses and harass them.
    Just last week, I saw a guy smash a car window. Well, the code says that is not allowed. That meant I got permission to harass this guy. It is a pretty cool system that we have set up, and it works pretty well. I seem to have a never-ending supply of folks to harass. And we get away with it. Why? Because the good citizens who pay the tab like that we keep the st reets safe for them.
    Next time you are in my town, give me a single finger wave. That is a signal that you wish for me to take a little closer look at you, and maybe I'll find a reason to harass YOU. :idea:

beer hunter
    Ooooh the joys of law enforcement

mike37
    that f in!! hilarious

1978 Rogers
    How true. How do they put up with the stress?

Kilrtoy
    They post on ***boat to continue the harassment

H20Advantage
    H2O, last time I was in your town it was YOU guys that were given me "the single finger wave", an why don't you learn how to park cuz I couldn't get in the donut shop parkin lot!
    Rio
    Hey this is the OC we do Diedrich's and bagels with lite creme cheese.

H20Advantage
    They post on ***boat to continue the harassment
    And go to the river and party with good friends

RiverPirate
    Very funny, I had to copy it and spread the humor. :wink:

Essex502
    Gentry - you sure you didn't write that? Very, very funny!

HavaTan
    Bravo!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast