Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chroming a pump

Ken F
    Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Does it stay on well?
    I've tried Zoop-seal on my new polished Agressor, and after about 3 outings it looked like chit. I'm seriously thinking about going the chrome route, but would like some input first.
    Ken F

Squirtin Thunder
    Now that would be sweeeeet !!!

HotRod Sprint
    Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Does it stay on well?
    I've tried Zoop-seal on my new polished Agressor, and after about 3 outings it looked like chit. I'm seriously thinking about going the chrome route, but would like some input first.
    Ken F
    Hey Ken, haven't been on Banderlog in a while, but how about that Sharks Hide that the Pumkins used on their pump? Like I said, haven't been on their in a while so don't know how it's held up, but sounds like it is a lot better product than Zoop-seal.
    Rod

Jake W2
    People say it chips since your boat is white and blue what about candy powder coat blue? That would look really nice, and it would not need polishing.
    Jake

djdtpr
    People say it chips since your boat is white and blue what about candy powder coat blue? That would look really nice, and it would not need polishing.
    Jake
    What about polishing it then clear powder coat?I just powdercoated mine candy blue and it looks realy good.I got sick of polishing myself.

Jake W2
    Dam it went to edit my reply to spell (powder coat) rite and you allready quoted me.
    Jake

djdtpr
    Sorry Jake,i fixed it for ya.

Jordy
    Do a search in here about chroming a bowl. It's not impossible, but really a pain in the ass to get to turn out because of the molecular makeup of the aluminum. Something about gas being released during the chroming process and flaking the chrome off. Or something to that effect. It would be nice though.
    Glad to hear that Zoops sucked before I went out and spent the money on it.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ghlight=chrome
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ghlight=chrome

Jake W2
    DJD are you painting your hull?
    Jake

sanger rat
    Ken here is a picture of my rudder that I powder coated clear. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1937picpc7.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast