Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CFW/The Condor

Sangster
    Looks like U-Joint issues.....Ya' gotta' Grease them every now & then....
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...6TFWF4-med.JPG

Looks like U-Joint issues.....Ya' gotta' Grease them every now & then.
    Thanks for that Sangster, none of us knew that.
    Congrats Fleet. :smile:

Bense468
    Congrats man...Good to hear.
    Pump can be replaced..

Heatseeker
    I'm betting something got in the pump and froze it, causing the pump to split open and the h-bar to launch.

CARLSON-JET
    Congrats to all the people for their work who helped and supported this cause. Tim I'm really glad you recieved all the Backing from friends and strangers alike. It shows that the boating community on this board and others have some really great folks. I know you have alot of work ahead of you but I can see you having a few new friends arounds to give a hand. This whole event took many turns but seemed to never stray from the objective. I also want to say that a few specific people who had the greatest of intensions but had a few hurdles in their way also are without a doubt in my mind part of the recovery team and should not be forgotten. Once again I'm really Glad to see this boat on it's trailer. Now this thread can run from hand hole covers to pump braces.. IMO many failures have and will occur for the lack of them. maybe the pump brace thread could be of intrest to those who like to run hard but hav not installed one two or even three. Tim Good luck on the thrash to bring your Condor Back to life. It looks really good on the trailer . but I bet she will look awsome back out on the water!!! R.B.

maddogeast
    great job Tim---most important everyone involved is safe & sound !!!

moneysucker
    From what I understand, The Pump was frozen solid when it came back up. The pump locking up can cause this kind of dammage and it is good that the ujoint did fail. Otherwise the motor could have spun out of the boat (worst case scenario) With a pump support most likely the same thing would have happened. Pump support is thinner aluminum than the housing typically. The support would have twisted and caused the housing to crack anyways. As far as the jet-away thought goes, They are meant to work the other way, when the motor locks up, the impellar still turns. The Jet-away would probably need a rebuild after this so that would be one more expense for Tim. When something locks up like that the innertia of the moving parts has to go somewhere. Tim make sure that you check everything in the motor. I know it sucks but Rubber Duck had his pump lock up on his old boats maiden voyage and it cracked a couple teeth on the distributer which broke off later in the weekend and caused it to fall out of time, then just not turn the Dist at all. We had a harder time finding a new Dist gear than rebuilding a smoked pump at 9:00pm on a friday night. Once again, Thanks to Desert Yaht Marine in Yuma and Psycho Squid. The boat was back on the water at 2am that morning for a test.
    Hopefully the driveline failed soon enough not to cause any damage to the motor. I am glad the Condor is on solid ground again. Tim, If I can help in any way, Let me know. Just take your time and do it right. You will be back on the water by the time it warms up up there.
    Cy

hack job
    I'm betting something got in the pump and froze it, causing the pump to split open and the h-bar to launch.
    this is my guess as well :idea: glad to see you got it back

78Anthonyjet
    Tim,
    Glad to see The Condor is back on her nest. Best wishes getting her to fly again. to everyone involved in getting the boat back for Tim, It is good to see that people still geve a shit about friends and do what they can to help a friend out in time of need.

Sangster
    Thanks for that Sangster, none of us knew that.
    Congrats Fleet. :smile:
    cs19.....I was begining to wonder.....Do a little post reserch... I called it long before a pics was posted, I think it was the next day.. seen it happen before to some of my friends boats......BTW... Were building a squirtboat to run NJBA also........ Se ya' there....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast