Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CFW/The Condor

steelcomp
    That wasn't caused by not greasing the u joints. :notam:
    Why did the pump sieze? Is there something stuck in it? It would have to be a helluva something. How long did the motor run before this happened?
    Ponderous, man, ponderous. :idea:

Sangster
    What ever dude.... Don't grease them.... :mix: :mix: :mix:

Ol Yeller
    I was thinking the boat (from what I could see of the pictures) looked real clean after recovery. I expected to see silt crammed everywhere. RIGHT FREAKIN' ON, TIM!

voodooCanoe
    Now I see why that went down so quick. Glad to see you got it back!
    congrats!!
    How far was it down? , was told the water was 100ft in that area???

Sangster
    Why did the pump sieze? Is there something stuck in it? It would have to be a helluva something. How long did the motor run before this happened?
    From what I heard, Tim had jest installed the motor in the boat... He bought the motor from Big BoyToys.....

BigBoyToys
    From what I heard, Tim had jest installed the motor in the boat... He bought the motor from Big BoyToys.....
    Yep...He purchased the motor from me last summer, and ran it in his Cheetah for a while. Then he got the Condor and took the motor out of the Cheetah and put it in the Condor. Don't think it was a motor issue......
    From what I hear, the motor will be back up and running in no time, and all he needs to get it running now is some new floats for the carbs, and the pump is already out of the boat. Knowing Tim, he'll probably have the boat ready to be back on the water in a few weeks.

Performance 19
    Just real glad to hear it is up! Congrats to all involved.

BLEWBAYOU1
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...6TFWF4-med.JPG[/QUOTE]
    If you look close you can see the bearing cap is missing on the pump yoke, The pump was froze up but that could be caused by the shaft being bent when the u joint let go lifting the pump up. The motor ran fine in his other boat. If the bearing cap came out it could of bound up the H bar causeing it to lift the pump up. The bearing cap should not be missing no matter what happen. Just a thought.
    Brian :idea:

BLEWBAYOU1
    Tim was not going fast when this happened, he had just left the dock . I don't think all that damage could happen with the pump siezeing up at slow speed. I had mine freze up and all it did was twist the shaft. :boxed:

steelcomp
    Tim was not going fast when this happened, he had just left the dock . I don't think all that damage could happen with the pump siezeing up at slow speed. I had mine freze up and all it did was twist the shaft. :boxed:
    Not to mention that it would have killed the motor. :idea:
    The pump is probably siezed now because the impeller is jammed against the wear ring, being that everything is so out of line. The shaft might be bent, as well. Really, the only thing that I see could have happened is driveline failure. I don't see any signs of a u joint breaking, either, and the u bolts are still in tact on the back of the motor, and one is bent, which happened when the drive line got thrown. It obviously came apart at the pump end first. With only a little end play in the yoke, the drive line could very well have gotten jammed up with enough force to break the housing. Lucky there isn't a hole in the bottom of the boat, as well, or that fuel line running right under the yoke didn't get snagged and ripped apart. No drive line cover, either. Some one could have been hit with that h bar.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast