Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: CFW/The Condor

TopCat
    My two cents would say the driveline failed and tried to take the pump with it. I've seen this happen several times in the past. I did exactly the same thing to my pump last year. I just happened to be close to the trailer which was already in the water, so I didn't sink it. I talked with Tim today and you are exactly right, it was the driveline! :frown:

PC Rat
    My two cents would say the driveline failed and tried to take the pump with it. I've seen this happen several times in the past. I did exactly the same thing to my pump last year. I just happened to be close to the trailer which was already in the water, so I didn't sink it.
    Duane,
    What portion of the driveline failed? Mine is out right now, and I will be taking a close look at it.
    Brian

Sangster
    I'm real curious what point you're trying to make with your statement?
    TopCat...You know what they say about "Curiousity"..... Accually.. I talked to Jim & Marina (The BBT's) a few hours after it happened... He was the one that said it was one of his motors that was jest recently installed in the Condor.... Hey, No fiction here, Jest the Facts as they were said to me......

Sangster
    I also thought I read somewhere in hear that the Motor was still running / Not siezed as he claimed to give it some foot but it wouldn't go anywhere.. Like I said before, it happened to friends of ours in there boat..The results were simular in Nature.....I'll look for the pics it...

TopCat
    TopCat...You know what they say about "Curiousity"..... Accually.. I talked to Jim & Marina (The BBT's) a few hours after it happened... He was the one that said it was one of his motors that was jest recently installed in the Condor.... Hey, No fiction here, Jest the Facts as they were said to me......Its cool

Jake W2
    How much would have a drive line cover helped this?
    Jake

steelcomp
    My two cents would say the driveline failed and tried to take the pump with it. I've seen this happen several times in the past. I did exactly the same thing to my pump last year. I just happened to be close to the trailer which was already in the water, so I didn't sink it.
    Dddang, where did I hear that before?

steelcomp
    How much would have a drive line cover helped this?
    Jake
    It wouldn't have helped prevent what happened, it's just lucky that's all that happened.

steelcomp
    Looks like the Ubolts came loose from the Ujoint at rear of the driveshaft and the end of the driveshaft then spanked the yoke at the front end of the pump several times.
    It would have been like a 1000 rpm sledgehammer.
    If it had an H bar, there weren't any u bolts at the rear of the drive shaft. The u bolts would be in the pump yoke. If he had a killer motor, as has been said, an H bar isn't going to be strong enough, and probably just broke. That yoke in the pump is a pretty light duty piece as well.

Duane HTP
    I couldn't make that call without a close inspection of the boat itself. Sorry.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast