Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: CFW/The Condor

PC Rat
    Duane,
    I'm not sure if you were referring to my post, but I meant on your boat.
    Brian

victorfb
    It wouldn't have helped prevent what happened, it's just lucky that's all that happened.
    im not so sure about that. thats what the drive line housing is designed to do. just like a drive shaft loop on a hot rod. the housing would have held the H bar inside as it spun around without allowing it to smack the intake and lock up. now i wouldnt say the housing would hold for very long but it sounds like this was a very quik distruction.
    on a side note. does anyone know what wear ring he was useing? and what tollerances? im thinking an aerated pump can cause the wear ring to heat up and possibly sieze the pump. and with these new plastic (composite) wear rings this may occure more easily. or not. anyone ever test that theory?

single barrel
    This deal took the top part of the intake & all and spit it out the back..
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Record_7-1.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Record_7-2.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Record_7-3.jpg
    Is that the BBT's syndicate?

BigBoyToys
    Nope.....
    And besides, I no longer own a Syndicate

Duane HTP
    PC, Misunderstood. A u-joint broke. I had just cranked up the blower pressure to rediculois and put in some very high octane fuel getting ready to shut up the locals on labor day. I jumped on it from a dead stop and that's when it happened. VERY SCARY!

Heatseeker
    My drivline houseing on both the Baker and the Daytona are fairly weak looking as they are attached to the bellhousing via four bolts. I'm thinking they would not do much except add to the twisted parts.
    And maybe keep some of the bits and pieces from launching?

victorfb
    without seeing your guard its hard to tell if it would withstand a failure. i can tell you the one i use is mounted with 4 bolts to the bellhousing, and its about 3/8" thick. thats quite strong, and id be much happier useing it than not. there are much thinner guards that have been sold but were designed to keep the grease from flying only. this may be what you have and if so id have to agree with you that it wouldnt do much good if any on a driveline failure.

likwidsukr
    Hey Denis I lurk here all the time but rarely post, it was very good meeting you and Macey (and Hunter & Tracker) as well as Moneysucker. It was very cool that you guys came out to help and hung all day. Since I'm just learning about these boats, it amazes me looking at the damage to the pump that it could crack like that without speed involved. Hope to see you and Macey alot this summer since your in the area
    Hey Mrs P I cant believe you actually posted here. I knew it would take a sunk boat to get ya to post here!! Hows the Pumkin??

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678