Thread: backspacing on 05 f250 sd

SoCal_fun
    Anybody know if it matters wether the backspacing is 4.5 or 5 inches on and 05 4x4 f250sd with the 6.0 psd.
    I was told to use the 4.5 but got sent the 5.0 backspace :hammer2: on my Mickey Thompson classic lock 2 wheels. I will most likely be using the 4.5 inch Donahoe lift for the 05 sd and want to get it right.
    Does it matter??
    Thanks in advance!!

SoCal_fun
    nevermind, I loaded them up and took them to big o tire and they worked great. couldn't leave them on until the lift because of a slight body rub but they look great and more important to me they fit just right (when the lift is applied).

raff
    Larry, you at work to night?
    Check out the pic's in the other thread over in the west.

SoCal_fun
    I'm home, just did a couple shots of gooooose!!
    I'll call ya later when you get home from dinner.

cc322
    So did you decide to go with the 4.5 and 35's I think that's what I am leaning towards. But I did see a guy with a leveling kit and 35's and it lookde great. If you havent changed your grill out yet I would recommend the Trex grill, Just had one put on mine last night by outlaw offroad and it is a very clean looking. No overlay crap. If you call them ask for Conner he knows about the back spacing on the superduty's.

SoCal_fun
    Yea, I'm gonna go with the 4.5 and 35's for now. If I like it, I'll sell the 6" fabtech kit I ordered or just cancell the order. It won't be ready until end of feb anyway and I'm always impatient....
    Tried the tires on today and they looked good. Can't wait to get the lift on. 5inch backspacing was fine, no problems.