Thread: Boat models??

wet77
    We just got another 12" of snow here and I think I need a project besides staring at my boat in the garage :hammerhea
    Does anyone know if they make model boats like a top fuel hydro or a tunnell hull jet boat or a v-drive???
    I am talking about a glue together type kit like from Revel or Monogram, Ya know.
    Any ideas :idea:

Squirtin Thunder
    Four Q has some on the Southwind site.
    Check them out !!!
    Jim

wet77
    The only one I know of was an old model of a flat with an injected motor and a trailer. It's a semi collectable model and I see them fairly often on ebay they go for about 25 to 40 bucks. They are old stock and I think some just hang on to them without building them as a small investment. I was gona buy one a while back and build it. I am not concered about collecting as much as the fun of building it. My dad was really into the wood and fiberglass gas models you build, he left me about 10 40"+ hydros, tunnels, flats and V's but I never saw him do any small one like your looking for. Although he did get mags with tons of boat modler parts and kits. Look on the web for boat modeler magazines and hobbies I have looked before for my dad and had sucsess. I bet someone is making something to suit you. Let me know if ya find anything... Good luck
    I just looked and they have one but is is missing parts but at least you get the idea and what to search for maybe there's another....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...951335638&rd=1
    I have one something like that it came with a truck it was a Hemi powered v-drive
    Cant seem to find it tonight in the house :notam:
    If I do I will post a pic

MoJetBoPar
    Got one right here in front of me. It's by Revell and it's called the "Hemi Hydro". It has an old-style 392 Hemi, v-drive and comes with a trialer. A pretty cool, detailed kit. It's got most of the marine specific hardware. The driveline, whipstrut, a cavitation plate, handle and hardware.
    The kit was repro'd in 1994. It is quite common on Ebay. There's also a kit, as mentioned, that comes with a tow vehicle, a 61-63 Chevy shortbed pick-up.
    Still wonder why they call it a "Hydro" when it really looks like a flatbottom.
    The hull itself looks alot like an early Rayson Craft.
    Or how about this for a little something more exciting........
    it's a hull only,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...950387103&rd=1

Ol Yeller