Thread: Running 3000 Rms Power Amps

BADASS38CHEVY
    I will be running a total of 3000 rms jl audio amps.what can be done to keep batterys charged with a 500efi motor.is there a alternator that would work better.i was thinking about running a 500 watt honda generator (i already have ) and running a small battery charger to keep batterys charged.the honda generator is very quit and works bitchen,or i have a 2000 watt honda generator that i can use.also i will be running 4 batterys, one interstate for the motor and 3 odyssey pc1700 batterys for the stereo http://www.sprayshield.com/cgi-bin/h...il&item=PC1700 what would work best.

mbrown2
    I responded to you in the Sandbar..

ROZ
    Yup, MBrown is definitely the resident expert on this one

mbrown2
    One thing I forgot to mention is I would upgrade the alternator to something like this...

BADASS38CHEVY
    One thing I forgot to mention is I would upgrade the alternator to something like this...
    will the bolt right up to the 500 efi without modifacations ?

mbrown2
    You might want to call them, but it will bolt up to most GM marine applications without issue...not sure about the Blue Motors....Also, there is a guy in Parker (do a search on Alternators in this section) who can rewind yours to get more amps out of it..

BADASS38CHEVY
    You might want to call them, but it will bolt up to most GM marine applications without issue...not sure about the Blue Motors....Also, there is a guy in Parker (do a search on Alternators in this section) who can rewind yours to get more amps out of it..
    Thank !