Thread: Placediverter's droop/ride plate??

mile2885
    :idea:
    Any of you guys running the droopsnoot and rideplate that placediverter offers? I was wondering if it is a worth while investment. Anythoughts??

moneysucker
    If you have a ride plate already by all means use the one you have. You still need to have your intake machined for a shoe and have a shoe made or buy one. Droops helped mine tremendously. A ride plat is a ride plate. As I recal Places was not out of line on price. I thought about getting one at one time.

Duane HTP
    We have not had very good luck with that set up. We quit selling them. The droop itself, is a nice quality piece though. Just our experience.

BK
    Duane just curious, whats the problem youve had with the optional ride plate place sells? Isnt it really ment to just keep the droop from draging in the water if you dont allready have a ride plate? I just bought a place droop for my daycruiser and dont have a ride plate, so was thinking about buying one from place for till I can insall one.

Liberator TJ1984
    BK, MrGoSlo here on the boards has one, he could be more in depth about it.
    I do know he did lots of adustin' to it to make it work
    good luck

Duane HTP
    BK, I guess I should say it just hasn't worked as well as the add on ride plate that we produce has. With ours, the plate comes off of a shoe, so that the transistion from the boat to the plate is constant and smoothe. I feel that this is important in the setting up of a ride plate. If you are looking at it as a shield only, to keep water off of the droop only, then I would say it does just fine, but should be called a shield instead of a ride plate. In other words, you can not make a boat rocker back and ride on it like you can a true ride plate.

BK
    Thanks for the info Duane. Please if you could post a link to the add on ride plate you make, I think this may be what im looking for.

Brooski
    I just returned from my local boat shop, and the owner was just showing me the Place droop/plate set up. I didnt know they had one. I was inquiring about a complete machined shoe/ ride plate set up, cost, and effectiveness. What he told me was that if you didnt want to spend all the money for the shoe/ rideplate, the place add on is a less expensive option that will definitely help, and takes a lot less effort to install. But, it wont give you all the performance a true shoe/ rideplate will. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend and how much performance you want. I only have a C bowl, so anything I do will cost me some money.

mile2885
    Ya, thatÂ’s what I was kind of wondering. I own a 19' Bahner. For power it has a 454....not sure how much HP but the boat was GPSed at 64. I have a Berk 12JG with the factory jetovator. A few guys at the launch ramp that seemed knowledgeable about jets said that I would benefit from a droop snoot. I saw place's unit and it seems like a good price. I really don't want to drop a load of cash on the boat because I'm trying to sell it. I was wondering if the place's unit was worth a try. Not really sure what I'm trying to accomplish.....I'm getting bored and need another winter project. Tempted to yank the engine and build a 496......

nielly
    I used the droop/ride plate combination on my 21' day cruises. The boat handled better in the chop but lost some umph on the top end. I think the boat is just a little too heavy for the droop.
    The droop and the ride plate are just sitting in my garage. I want to sell, but if somebody on the boards wants to test it out, I'll loan to them, I am in the Coron/Norco area. It came off my Dominator bowl.