Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Water?

INEEDAV
    I just moved into Iowa this summer. I live right on the Mississippi, but the water is too big for my boat. Where do the guys with the hot rods run their boats at. I have looked online for site and at the DNR website, but a lot of those waters have huge restrictions. Where is the place to run here?
    Billy

sidewound
    Hey Billy
    I grew up in Bettendorf. I lived in Clinton for a long time and my boat was run on the river for years. Are you extremley freeboard challenged or somthing?
    In the spring a lot of folks gather at Mcgreggor North of you. Lots of fast boats last year though I didn't make it. I run mostly on the lake where I live.
    You could also try Sailorville west of you on 80.
    You could check out the Midwest party boating forum as well.
    PM me if you have any questions.
    I hope to host a jetter party on our lake this year. We're 4 hours from you if your towing a trailer. I also know some peeps that run on the Cedar river around Cedar Falls.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

INEEDAV
    Hey Billy
    I grew up in Bettendorf. I lived in Clinton for a long time and my boat was run on the river for years. Are you extremley freeboard challenged or somthing?
    In the spring a lot of folks gather at Mcgreggor North of you. Lots of fast boats last year though I didn't make it. I run mostly on the lake where I live.
    You could also try Sailorville west of you on 80.
    You could check out the Midwest party boating forum as well.
    PM me if you have any questions.
    I hope on host a jetter party on our lake this year. We're 4 hours from you if your towing a trailer. I also know some peeps that run on the Cedar river around Cedar Falls.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR
    Thanks for the info Cesar. I am pretty freeboard challenged. Here is the boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0558resize.JPG
    I will check out the places you mentioned, I don't need a whole lot of room, just somewhere where they don't mind the noise.

sidewound
    Billy,
    I forgot to mention that just North of you by Clinton is the widest spot in the Mississippi. Some call it lake Clinton. Their is lots of calm water on the Iowa side usually, and not much for DNR. Go upriver from the dam. Lotsa room to run there and you can stay way off the channel. That flattie should be just fine there.
    What do ya do in the Quad Cities? I make it through there several times a year.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

INEEDAV
    Billy,
    I forgot to mention that just North of you by Clinton is the widest spot in the Mississippi. Some call it lake Clinton. Their is lots of calm water on the Iowa side usually, and not much for DNR. Go upriver from the dam. Lotsa room to run there and you can stay way off the channel. That flattie should be just fine there.
    What do ya do in the Quad Cities? I make it through there several times a year.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR
    I work for Deere and Company in Moline. I work in product support for large mining trucks. Finally found a good office job to crawl off into, had been doing field service for several years prior to that.
    Where at in Northern IA are you?

sidewound
    Billy
    I live in Clear Lake. It's a 7 mile long lake just off I-35 at the 193 mile marker. Serves my needs just fine.
    As far as a place where the "BIG BOYS" hang out, I don't know of one. That boat looks pretty quick. Speed???? Isn't that one of them backwards motor thingies? LOL
    Here's mine
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...f_DSC03244.jpg
    Maybe we can hook up sometime.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Notched Baja
    I'm from QC as well. A good place to go is Princeton beach or the sand pits just north of there. You can use the ramps in LeClaire.

Riverjet502
    Here's some pics from on the mississippi, bring that hot rod on up to Mcgregor this July!!! "Cesar" a bash at your palace this summer? count me in!!
    http://www.ats-inc.net/bajajet/2003/
    Riverjet502

CARLSON-JET
    Those are some cool pics, went on the run in sept I think, a few less boats then but still it was great exploring new to me water. Was a blast . all the great folks there were very friendly. Will be there again this year . hope to meet some new faces. R.B.

Riverjet502
    Carlson-Jet
    Is this a better pic??? lol.lol... See ya in July????
    http://img171.exs.cx/img171/5348/missfall20045zd.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast