Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Man Walking......

Mandelon
    Man declared dead found breathing in morgue
    N.C. emergency medical team suspended after screw-upThe Associated Press
    Updated: 9:11 a.m. ET Jan. 27, 2005RALEIGH, N.C. - A medical examiner studying a body in a morgue was startled when the man took a shallow breath.
    Emergency medical technicians had declared 29-year-old Larry D. Green dead almost two hours earlier, after he was hit by a car.
    Medical examiner J.B. Perdue was called to the accident scene Monday but did not examine Green then. Later, he was documenting GreenÂ’s injuries when he noticed the man was breathing.
    “I had to look twice myself just to make sure it was there, that’s how subtle it was,” Perdue said.
    Green, 29, was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was in critical condition Wednesday.
    Several members of the Franklin County emergency medical service have been suspended pending an investigation, said Darnell Batton, the county attorney.
    :sqeyes:

HCS
    I herd of that happening to other people before. STRANGE.

OutCole'd
    Could you imagine if they started an autopsy??

barbigrl
    We were talking about this at work this morning!!! Very Starnge!!! I read a book where this happned...they started cutting the guys chest open when bright red blood began squirting out!!! Ok maybe that was too graphic for the faint at heart! :supp:

switchin'addiction
    Here come the attorneys..........

barbigrl
    Oh they are going to get their asses sued!! That is why they are working really hard to try and fix it before it becomes a lawsuit! Which is inevitable!

BarryMac
    Man, that would freak me out, looking over a Dead Guy then all of the sudden he starts breathing, talk about pooping twinkies...

Tom Brown
    Would you prefer to have medical care where they don't even bother checking to see if you're alive?
    Frivolous suits are one thing but this is something very different.

Sleek-Jet
    Man, that would freak me out, looking over a Dead Guy then all of the sudden he starts breathing, talk about pooping twinkies...
    What if he reached up a grabbed you.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

ratso
    What if he reached up a grabbed you.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
    ...or if it was some necrophiliac, and about the time he really got going the "dead guy" clenched down on it... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast