Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kids in havasu

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    I have a 3 and 5 year old. They go with us to Mohave and Parker but not Havasu. I want to take them there but we feel that we have to have a beach which we have not been able to get easily at Havasu. We get spoiled at parker at our Waldo's place and Mohave has plenty of beach.
    For those of you with little kids, what do you do?

Perfect Mixer
    Pretty much the same for the past 15 years now. Now the girls are getting older (oldest turned 18 yesterday) and I think that we'll spend a little more time on Havasu this year with the new boat. Mohave has been fun, but now it's time for the older kids to play!

hava life
    It sounds like you answered your own question. Do what you like to do with the family.

Kilrtoy
    SANDBAR
    and
    the channel

H20Advantage
    My kids are 10 and 14 now but we have taken them to Havasu for years. If we can't find a beach we will anchor in a cove and blow up the rafts and trampoline for a floating island. Everyone has a great time.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...03P1010008.JPG
    Instant island!!!!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Pretty much the same for the past 15 years now. Now the girls are getting older (oldest turned 18 yesterday) and I think that we'll spend a little more time on Havasu this year with the new boat. Mohave has been fun, but now it's time for the older kids to play!
    i am trying to find out if i am missing something. I thought maybe there was a place i didn't know about or hopefully some ideas that makes it easy on us ol' folks to have the young uns out there. I love havasu and would like to go more often but momma aint too hot on the idea!!

WYRD
    SANDBAR
    and
    the channel
    Gotta bring em up right :crossx:

4-B
    SANDBAR
    and
    the channel
    My kids wern't harmed by Havasu... I think :messedup: . We just treated it like home-schooling while out there. :jawdrop:

Mandelon
    I take my kids to the channel, but maybe not so much during Saturday afternoon when folks get a little juiced up. The sandbar is huge and you can pick a mellow spot. Its not like there is a huge orgy all the time. Hell sometimes when you go looking for some action you can't even find it.
    We do tend to avoid the big weekends though. I don't mind it...
    A couple years ago some babe with big hoots flashed us and it kind freaked my wife out. Honestly my son didn't even notice, and my daughter thought it was funny.
    Bare breasts and small bikinis are the norm in europe. And the kids there don't seem to grow up too retarded. :hammerhea
    Also there are a bunch of other places, small beaches along Topock gorge, Moabi, and plenty of coves.

25Elmn8r
    We take our kids with us everytime we go to havasu. They are 6 and 10 now and we have taken them with us since as young as 2 months old.
    We usually try and hit the channel early, then head up to sandbar(North End, or more family friendly section) for a little while, and then when it gets busy there we head further up river and find a beach to hang out on.
    Or if we don't feel like heading up river, we head down to the south end of the lake and hangout. Blow up the rafts and hang out in a cove.
    It is possible to bring kids to Havasu and not expose them to the Adult fun.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast