Thread: bilge pumps

speedneeder
    Any of you guys in the 22' range run without any bilge pumps?

speedneeder
    That was my exact question. i acquired a 22 that had never had them installed.

Kindsvater Flat
    When I bought my boat it never had one or a flapper valve. Water ever water you took on for the day stayed with you. Now I have a flapper and a bilge pump.

Squirtin Thunder
    In my Sanger Custom Sprint Jet I have two, one 1000gph and a 500gph with and auto switch. I just want to have the cheep ensurance.
    Jim

quiet riot
    A couple o' 1500's seem to work good for my 17 fter. Course I some times tend to take on a big gulp every once in awhile in the rapids.
    jd

speedneeder
    Thanks for all of the input. I'm defintley putting them in (one for each sponson). and they will be the auto type. any recomendations on pumps? I'm figuring 750's.

Squirtin Thunder
    Theres a few out there, just get as big as ya can fit within reason and you'll be happy. I forget the brand but it's a common one with an automatic function and an overide- it's sold at K-Mart for about 20 bucks, thats just one choice and K-Marts are everywhere so it's kinda easy... Just an added note: You should clean the area real well then use silicone, two part epoxy or bondo to hold down the base to the floor. Obviously the silicone makes for easy removal if it breaks.
    Good luck
    I use 3M 5200 to hold mine down !!!!
    Jim

HP350SC
    After considering suggestions on this board, I went with 3 separate 500gph pumps(tunnel hull). Ran in parallel off a 30 amp relay. Sanded mounting areas and used clear silicone to mount bases, no problems.

Squirtin Thunder
    SO!!!
    Buttons !!!

rrrr
    In my Sanger Custom Sprint Jet I have two, one 1000gph and a 500gph with and auto switch. I just want to have the cheep ensurance.
    Jim
    I have one 1500 and one 500. Small boats can sink fast..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: