Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need your input

Norseman
    I'd gold anodize them!!
    It carry's the color off the pullys and won't chip or be too thick.
    Bob

Fiat48
    Sorry. I just don't like the gold pulleys. But I reckon if you do...I'd do the butterflys to match.

Sorry. I just don't like the gold pulleys. But I reckon if you do...I'd do the butterflys to match.
    Not really a matter of me liking the pulleys that way. This is a show restoration, and the pulleys were gold originally because they're magnesium (Dow7 treatment). There are quite a few things I would change if this weren't a restoration for show, but......

steelcomp
    satin finish. Fine glass bead. Then clear. They'll just blend in and go away. JMO. Nice job so far. If you have to color them, I like the red...it picks up the wires. It would be cool to see the colors on the car.

This may be one of those things I can't decide until the paint's done, and the body's back on. The red and gold both will tie in. The yellow in the shot is the car's "2nd incarnation", with the graphics being the original paint.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896rs1.jpg

flat broke
    I've got an idea... pop new butterflies out of magnesium That is, if the pulleys are really mag with that coating. Short of that, I'd have em ano'd gold, but to keep with the satin finish on the pulleys, dont have the parts mirror polished. Have a satin finish or a very fine bead blast on the part before the ano, and I think it will cary through and you'll have your satin gold color. Plu Ano doesn't add much material/external dimension change, so you should be fine with fitment.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12