Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Registration Fee Increase

Boatcop
    Thought I'd let you all know that there is a bill in the Arizona Senate to do away with the Vessel License Tax.
    In return there will be an increase in the Registration Fee. Fishing and Hunting licenses will also go up if the bill passes.
    The full text of the proposed law is in the link I put at the bottom, but here is what's being asked for:
    For Resident owners:
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $20.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $22.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $30.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $35.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $39.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $44.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND OVER $66.00
    Non Resident:
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $100.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $110.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $222.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $259.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $292.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $330.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND GREATER $495.00
    It also reduces the percentage alloted to the State Lake Improvement Fund and Law Enforcement and Boating Safety Fund from 55% to 35%. I don't know how much it would affect these programs, since the percentage reduction may be off-set by the fee increase.
    As of right now, this is just a proposal, and would have to be approved by both houses of the Legislature and signed by the Governor.
    Full text: Arizona Senate Bill 1365 (http://www.azleg.state.az.us/legtext...ls/sb1365p.htm)

Jrocket
    $244 increase for me,thats not good.What do the people get from this new idea?

Kilrtoy
    What the F@@@
    wow

bear down
    Sucks..but still cheaper than Cali!!!
    Thought I'd let you all know that there is a bill in the Arizona Senate to do away with the Vessel License Tax.
    In return there will be an increase in the Registration Fee. Fishing and Hunting licenses will also go up if the bill passes.
    The full text of the proposed law is in the link I put at the bottom, but here is what's being asked for:
    For Resident owners:
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $20.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $22.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $30.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $35.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $39.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $44.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND OVER $66.00
    Non Resident:
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $100.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $110.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $222.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $259.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $292.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $330.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND GREATER $495.00
    It also reduces the percentage alloted to the State Lake Improvement Fund and Law Enforcement and Boating Safety Fund from 55% to 35%. I don't know how much it would affect these programs, since the percentage reduction may be off-set by the fee increase.
    As of right now, this is just a proposal, and would have to be approved by both houses of the Legislature and signed by the Governor.
    Full text: Arizona Senate Bill 1365 (http://www.azleg.state.az.us/legtext...ls/sb1365p.htm)

JB in so cal
    AZ has been taking in a TON of Kalifornia registrations, eh?
    Including mine.

Boatcop
    $244 increase for me,thats not good.What do the people get from this new idea?
    If the reduction of Grant fund allotments from 55% to 35% results in less money for these funds, you'll see a reduction in Law Enforcement and Rescue services, and a reduction in Lake based amenities such as public Launch Ramps, Parks , Restrooms, Waterway Markings, New Lake Development, etc.
    I really like (sarcasm) the line that says: "THESE MONIES ARE SUBJECT TO LEGISLATIVE APPROPRIATION."
    What that means is that the Legislature can rape these monies for any purpose that they see fit.

Kilrtoy
    I know alot of people would be happy, but we need more cops on the lake and even more rescue personnel......

Floored
    they can't cut boatcop, can they? we need at least 1 "person" in our corner. :lightsabe mine is $12.10 now so maybe I'll renew for 2 years. :idea:

Jrocket
    you'll see a reduction in Law Enforcement and Rescue services, and a reduction in Lake based amenities such as public Launch Ramps, Parks , Restrooms, Waterway Markings, New Lake Development, etc.
    Thats not a good thing at all.Im not that fond of the new noise laws but i do like having the law around to do their jobs.

4-B
    :2purples: That is not right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast