Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ford is the shit and this just proves it more.

dmontzsta
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/4ff6.jpg
    -Supercharged 5.4L
    -465HP, 495TQ
    -Heavy duty 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual
    -Live axle or IRS
    -Around $30,000
    Motor: 5.4 Supercharged, 3 valve heads (with HUGE valves), forged internals similar to the 4.6 (Crank, rods, etc), modestly rated (under rated actually) ~465 HP/495 lb ft Torque, using a twin screw S/C similar to that on the Ford GT but pullied differently, hence the lower HP. This motor was supposedly made official (in house only) just in the last few days.
    Transmissions: 6 speed manuals standard with a heavy duty 5 speed auto (the tranny used on the Ford Superduty but programmed/geared differently) as an option in late '07 or the '08 M/Y
    Suspensions: A re-engineered, heavy duty IRS will be an option with a modified 3 link/panhard bar-live axle setup as the standard rear axle. SVT will be going for the Road Race buyer as well as the straight line racer with both axles optional. However, the Axle options are not set in stone as of the moment but look highly likely to be approved. The Cobra will be lowered about 1.5" from a stock GT.
    Bodywork: The retro theme will continue with a serious nod to the '67 Shelby. The fenders may be flared more than the standard '05 but that is not for certain as of now. The ducktail will be factory installed. Also, no convertible is planned for now but no reason was given other than concerns over chassis reliability due to the torque volume.
    More rumors spreading around about this.
    Personally, I think the price tag will be more like right under $40k. My Mrs has been pushing me to get a new GT. But I think I am going to wait now. Got I love Fords. I cant wait to see the new Lightning.

Excessive Force
    that mofo is bad....FORD baby!

Excessive Force
    waiting to see a saleen or others

dmontzsta
    waiting to see a saleen or others
    Here is a nice spin shot for ya!
    http://www.saleen.com/car_rotation.htm

OutCole'd
    I've always been a Chevy guy, but this is by far the best looking car out right now. Ford did an incredible job on this one. Makes me want to convert.

Excessive Force
    dammmit!

Excessive Force
    Makes me want to convert.
    As long as we are talkin cars here, I did!

Forkin' Crazy
    The only way ford would be the shit is if Dodge was out of the picture!!!!!!!
    Here's something for your "Lighting"!!! LOL!!!
    http://www.dodge.com/nav/photo/ram_srt10_6_main.jpg

dmontzsta
    I've always been a Chevy guy, but this is by far the best looking car out right now. Ford did an incredible job on this one. Makes me want to convert.
    You can do it man...Ford guys will accept you with open arms.
    That new 5.0L Cammer motor is some work also...OMG.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast