Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday FMluvswaterbabe

Boy Named Sue
    The funny thing is you gave me a present today that made me cry. I spent the morning at Christian's house and I am floored at what was going on there. It was quiet. The family was getting along and happy. Usually after thirty minutes I'm ready to get the hell out because of all the yelling, chaos, and stress. He started to act up just a little bit and his aunt grabbed him by the hands, held him while telling him why his behavior was wrong, and continued to hold him until he showed he was uncomfortable and then let him go and he behaved. Then she turned to me and said, "You know that really works! I heard that you do that to him so I tried it." This is a woman who would have started yelling at him and his mother, called him a retard and maybe even gave him a smack. The whole atmosphere of the house has changed. It was calm. They were polite to each other. There was no longer that rampaging elephant in the room. I hesitatingly took them out to breakfast, yes, Christian too (completely unthinkable two months ago.)
    He behaved like a good 3 year old. Instead of people giving us dirty looks they came to the table and talked to us. I shit you not the waitress gave us her phone number because she wants to babysit for us tonight. WTF! This really happened!
    The change all started when I pm'ed you and you took all that time to put that info together for me. I know I thanked you then but I had no idea what an impact it was to have on this family. You changed my attitude and behavior towards Christian, they picked up on it and now they've changed too. The impact was so great that tears were rolling down my cheeks all the way home. I can't believe this is the same child, and how his bad behavior was a reflection of what the adults were doing. One little PM had this much of an effect on a handful of lives. I'm still crying, it would break my heart to watch this little boy struggle with no help from his family, and now he's this charming guy who smiles instead of screams and his family is giving him the proper attention he always needed.
    Thanks for taking that time to PM me back FM. Its your birthday but you couldn't wrap the present that you gave me today.
    Still got a tear in my EYE ~ Suey

HCS
    Very nice. Happy Birthday FM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My boy is my life, I hold him under my arm everywhere I go and show him the world. It takes lots of patience to raise a child but worth every minute.
    I can relate.

Boy Named Sue
    Very nice. Happy Birthday FM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My boy is my life, I hold him under my arm everywhere I go and show him the world. It takes lots of patience to raise a child but worth every minute.
    I can relate.
    Kids are way cool, you just have to love 'em. They're just little, they don't know. I can't even read my own post without blubbering. If you only knew. I'm starting to feel gay so I'm gonna go lurk on Bench Racers for a while. :supp: That made me laugh.
    I still think your avatar looks like a shark.
    Peace HC-Ski ~Suey

looky_lou
    Happy Bithday FM.

RiverKitty
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETY!!!
    You have been an ablsolute treasure to this forum!!!
    Now go kick up your heels and party like a ROCKSTAR!!!
    WOOO HOOO!!!!
    Just sending ya a little present for your birthday!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...fmCard2005.jpg
    Make sure you make good use of your present!!! :crossx:
    (((Love, Hugs & Kisses)))
    xoxoxox
    Cheers ~RiverKitty

Boy Named Sue
    if you post tonight FM you're fired...don't let us down.
    Do something naughty and don't tell...

RiverKitty
    if you post tonight FM you're fired...don't let us down.
    Do something naughty and don't tell...
    NO! She should tell us in full detail and show pics!!! :crossx:
    There may be much we can learn from her!!! :idea:

Boy Named Sue
    NO! She should tell us in full detail and show pics!!! :crossx:
    There may be much we can learn from her!!! :idea:
    I'll check back in at 12:01am. You girls talk, i'll spy on you. no?

TheLurker
    Happy Birthday FM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast