Thread: Who Remembers????????

Anthony75
    Who remembers the thread that talked about controlling water to the headers electronically? Something about using a rpm activated switch and solenoid to control water to the headers? Solenoid could be found at Grainger. Who is using this setup and what are the part #'s for this setup? Thanks

Squirtin Thunder
    go to www.banderlog.com they have a valve that works pritty dammmm good.
    Jim

Anthony75
    I have heard the banderlog valve works good, but it is in the $3-400 range. The setup I am asking about is quite a bit less.

moneysucker
    Cyclone, I believe had the set up you were talking about. Do a search

The banderlog valve works great!!!!!! Check it out.

MikeF
    I use just the solenoid w/a pull switch control. I don't have the boat at home so I can't check the # if there is one on the solenoid. Flatbroke might know the # cause I think I got it from him, and the solenoid I either bought from Grainger or McMaster? It is a 24v coil. For the most part it seems to work good.....so far.

cyclone
    i run a 24V normally closed solenoid from Flatbroke. MikeF is right, you can buy the solenoid from Grainger too. It's wired to an MSD Window Switch which turns the water on at 3,000 rpm with a pill and turns it off again at 5,000 rpm with another pill. I dont have any pics but it works really good. One thing I didn't install and wish I did was a ball valve to reduce the flow of water to the headers. When i hooked up the solenoid, I removed the old Bassett T-fitting which reduces the water flow quite a bit. The new solenoid has a 1/2-inch port and 3/8-inch orifice so it permits a bunch of water to the pipes, way more than the old Bassett t-fittin did. NOt a big deal though I guess.

bp
    doesn't lvjetboy run something similar?
    you can always reduce the orofice sizes going into the headers, or going into the tubing manifold to the headers, which would reduce the flowrate.

Anthony75
    Thanks guys. Does anyone have part #'s?

cyclone
    The brass fittings that thread into the header bungs on my headers were welded up and a smaller hole was drilled into them. I still have a ton of water coming through them with the new solenoid arrangement. The bassett T-fitting must do a good job of restricting the water flow because after i removed it it was like the flood gates opened up!