Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electricians???

mirvin
    Anyone know a good electrician in or around the south bay area?? The electrical in my house is on the blink and Edison says their side is ok
    I need someone who can diagnose the problem.
    THanks,
    mirvin :rollside:

Unforgiven
    Anyone know a good electrician in or around the south bay area?? The electrical in my house is on the blink and Edison says their side is ok
    I need someone who can diagnose the problem.
    THanks,
    mirvin :rollside:
    what are the problemsn your having?/

HCS
    If no one bites. Get estimates. If it happens to be in the control panel and they need to replace it there not expensive. But it cost $$$$$$$$$ to get it installed. My house was on the blink and an electrical found a lose wire. Cost me $200.00. Not to bad considering.

Unforgiven
    what are the problemsn your having?/
    I'll be in southern cali next week if ya can wait that long....
    send me a pm and maybe I can walk you thru it...
    but if it's a panel upgrade you want...it's an all day deal to swap and hopefully power company will hookup that day...

ROZ
    Mirv the Perv,
    PM Huslter on the boards....

mirvin
    Thanks guys. Ok here's what I got:
    One chunk of my house loses power with no effect at the breakers. I mean when the power goes out there's no tripped breakers. Then after a few hours the power magically re-appears. I have been unable to recreate the outage by turning breakers off.
    THe house is old. 1939 to be exact.
    Edison came out yesterday and said the problem is internal. They went as far as to say the box and breakers were all good too....?
    Uforgiven, I can wait til next week if you'll be in the area. I'm in North Torrance right off the 405. I don't know if I need a new box or if I have a problem in the wall somewhere. If you can fit me in I'm thinking you'll be telling me which of the two I've got.
    Roz, I hereby indorse my new nickname, credit to you of course Thanks for the info on Hustler. If I run into trouble before Unforgiven makes it out I'll give him a holler.
    mirvin

Sleek-Jet
    Do you have breakers or fuses??
    Half power is usually a bad main breaker or bad/burned connection on the buss work in the breaker panel.

mirvin
    Do you have breakers or fuses??
    Half power is usually a bad main breaker or bad/burned connection on the buss work in the breaker panel.
    I have breakers but they're just really old. I thought it seemed like a problem at the box rather then a wiring problem. I guess I just need to get the box checked.
    How confindent should I be in what Edison is saying??? They say my box and breakers are good....
    mirvin

HCS
    That's what my house was doing. It was a lose wire. It took me and an electrical about an hour and a half to trace it down. You have to figure out where the power starts on that circuit then trace it from there.

WYRD
    Sounds like a loose neutral somewhere
    possiblly in an outlet somewhere you can buy a plug checker at home depo pretty cheap $15 or so might be a good place to start. Does your outlets have grounds or just two slots in them?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast