Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electricians???

LilHarley
    You should have 120 to 125 each leg and 240 to 250 across both hots at the meter socket. From that point it is the customers responcability and if edison is not loosing power on one leg which is unlikely they were telling the truth.
    The minimum/maximum requirements for Edison to serve is a minimum of 114V and a maximum of 120V for a 120 volt service. For 240, the minimum is 228V and the maximum is 240V for 240 volt service. 240v is measured from phase to phase, while 120v is measured from phase to nuetral.

Brodie
    dang. pay dem bills,,,,,,,,,easy fix

mexrunner
    my guess would be that you have either a breaker thats worn out or a lose wire feeding your bus in customer side of the panel. if the tm didnt check your connections at you weatherhead maybe try putting on some good dry leather gloves and test each connection by grabing on both sides of connection and wiggling just stay off any grounds ie. weatherhead pipe and nuetral normally marked white or bare on edison side.

78Eliminator
    Mirv, I will call you tomorrow. I went through this in my house.

Sleek-Jet
    ... maybe try putting on some good dry leather gloves and test each connection by grabing on both sides of connection and wiggling just stay off any grounds ie. weatherhead pipe and nuetral normally marked white or bare on edison side.
    To put it mildly.... that is a BAD idea...

Daytona19
    The minimum/maximum requirements for Edison to serve is a minimum of 114V and a maximum of 120V for a 120 volt service. For 240, the minimum is 228V and the maximum is 240V for 240 volt service. 240v is measured from phase to phase, while 120v is measured from phase to nuetral.
    Got yanMike we run ours a little higher here. Usually hot to neutral is 123 to 126 and accordingly the phase to phase goes up but you know that.

LilHarley
    Got yanMike we run ours a little higher here. Usually hot to neutral is 123 to 126 and accordingly the phase to phase goes up but you know that.
    Ahh, didn't even notice you were from Michigan. Dang, wouldn't want yours right now in the cold and snow! You guys still have to climb in snow & ice, or use buckets? :idea:

mirvin
    Thanks again guys. I won't get around to dickin' with this until Saturday. I'll do my best to troubleshoot the situation before turning to a pro
    I'll get an update posted asap.
    Thanks again everyone.
    mirvin :rollside: :idea:

speedneeder
    To me it sounds like a receptacle gone bad. Original wiring from 39 would have the plugs wired in series, thus if one of the devices fails everything downstream from that plug also goes out. If its intermittent its usually because the device hasent burned the internal copper or aluminum but is on its way. It may seem like half the house is out because unless someone has rewired the house there is probably only about 6-8 breakers in the entire house.

mirvin
    Hey Speedneeder, by "receptacle" do you mean "outlet"?? Like where you plug stuff into the wall right??
    mirvin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast