Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electricians???

lghtnin33
    you might want to talk to lghtnin33 he's an electrician i think?

speedneeder
    Yes, receptacle or outlet. The reason you cant duplicate the outage with by flipping the circuit breaker is because only the circuit downstream of the device in question will lose power. Pretty common with the way devices used to be wired (in series). If you want pm me and I can get you some more specific info.

mike37
    To me it sounds like a receptacle gone bad. Original wiring from 39 would have the plugs wired in series, thus if one of the devices fails everything downstream from that plug also goes out. If its intermittent its usually because the device hasent burned the internal copper or aluminum but is on its way. It may seem like half the house is out because unless someone has rewired the house there is probably only about 6-8 breakers in the entire house.isent that what I said

mike37
    you got a bad plug
    the old houses loop all over and one plug in line bad and the rest go out
    or a wire is loose at one of the plugs
    go around an feel the plugs see if one is warm thats the bad oneyep that what i said alright

mike37
    one of your plugs ore switches will be worm to the touch and thats the one
    that messing with ya

moneysucker
    Negative on the leather glove idea. They checked to the meter. It is not in the weather head as that is where the meter is fed..

cola
    The servicing utility company's responsibility stops at the connections before the weatherhead. They own the meter & thats it. Very common to have bad connection at the meter clips on the line or load sides. Did Edison pull the meater & look at that part of the panel. The lazy ones won't even check. If the circuit breakers clip in you can pull them out one at a time & check for a bad connection at the buss. Like others have said, check for warm devices. Heat = current loss. Call me it's the Hot Boat hookup (free)
    Late, Mike 909 380-9066

Daytona19
    Ahh, didn't even notice you were from Michigan. Dang, wouldn't want yours right now in the cold and snow! You guys still have to climb in snow & ice, or use buckets? :idea:
    Well if we can use a bucket you bet we will. I have climbed three times this year in 30 below weather and man it sucks. If your not busy your froze!!

mirvin
    Ok, so how about a loose wire coming from the meter into the breaker box?? I have a 3 wire set up. I was out poking and pulling on chit last night and one of the main wires popped right out when I pushed on it.
    Funny thing is that the comment sheet left by Edison said "All breakers and connections are good" :messedup:
    I'll letcha know if I have anymore problems.
    Thanks again everyone
    mirvin

Daytona19
    If its on the bottom side it yours. PLEASE BE CAREFUL while checking that stuff out!!! I have seen many connections that make your life hell so take your time but without that meter pulled the bottom is HOT so dont mess around to much unless they kill the transformer at the pole or padmount or the meter is pulled and the bottom will be de-energized but remember the top is live.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast