Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Electricians???

mirvin
    If its on the bottom side it yours. PLEASE BE CAREFUL while checking that stuff out!!! I have seen many connections that make your life hell so take your time but without that meter pulled the bottom is HOT so dont mess around to much unless they kill the transformer at the pole or padmount or the meter is pulled and the bottom will be de-energized but remember the top is live.
    THis was the TOP of the box. One of the three main wires coming from the meter was just sitting in it's slot on the top of my breaker box. I just popped it out and then put it back in and tightened it up.
    mirvin

Sleek-Jet
    Funny thing is that the comment sheet left by Edison said "All breakers and connections are good" :messedup:
    mirvin
    Like we've said before, Edison only goes to the top of the meter. So, everything on their side is good. Sounds like they didn't make that clear.
    We tell people that everything on our side is good in these situations and make it clear what the consumers responsibility is.
    I'd be willing to guess that you fixed it.

mirvin
    I sure hope so :rollside:
    mirvin

Sleek-Jet
    Also, if you had to pull the meter to fix this, be sure and call and tell Edison. You'll probably get a lecture about pulling the meter without being an electrician, but it they find a seal cut, you'll be looking at tampering fees... $$$$$$$$$ .

mirvin
    Also, if you had to pull the meter to fix this, be sure and call and tell Edison. You'll probably get a lecture about pulling the meter without being an electrician, but it they find a seal cut, you'll be looking at tampering fees... $$$$$$$$$ .
    Now worries. I didn't touch the meter. Only thing I did was remove the cover to my breaker box and fix a loose connection. The loose connection was at the top of my box.......one of the three wires coming from the meter.
    Also, before my recent "partial blackout" situation I was having a problem where I had been tripping the main breaker without really having much of a load on it. Computer, washing machine, some lights......throw something into the microwave and bam...tripped main.
    So after I fixed the loose connection I turned on all my lights, ran all my appliances and couldn't get it to trip.
    Fingers crossed....
    mirvin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345