Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Givin' Up Caffeine!!!

Huckleberry
    I'm joining a Biggest Loser weight loss contest at my work today, and am going to go serious Atkins Diet to shed the extra girth. The big bummer is I've gotta give up caffeine for the diet! For most folks this isn't such a huge deal, but I drink the Monster energy drinks.
    Each one of those cans has around 7,000 mg of caffeine or caffeine-type stuff in them, and I drink two a day!!! The average cup of java has less than 200 mg of caffeine in it, so... 7,000 / 200 = 35 I'm hooked on the equivilent of 35 friggin' cups of coffee a day!!! Needless to say, I'm gonna be one grouchy son of a bitch for a week or two until the headaches and withdrawls go away!!! :hammerhea
    I apologize up front if I flame on anyone during my "rehab" period! :eat: Wish me luck!

a catered life
    dam no caffine. :cry: good luck i think it may be longer than a week or two

Eliminator 4 Life
    poor Huckleberry

RiverOtter
    I thought Cafine helped with weight loss

AirtimeLavey
    Good luck...get ready for the mother of all headaches...for a while. :hammer2:

cdog
    I'm joining a Biggest Loser weight loss contest at my work today, and am going to go serious Atkins Diet to shed the extra girth. The big bummer is I've gotta give up caffeine for the diet! For most folks this isn't such a huge deal, but I drink the Monster energy drinks.
    Each one of those cans has around 7,000 mg of caffeine or caffeine-type stuff in them, and I drink two a day!!! The average cup of java has less than 200 mg of caffeine in it, so... 7,000 / 200 = 35 I'm hooked on the equivilent of 35 friggin' cups of coffee a day!!! Needless to say, I'm gonna be one grouchy son of a bitch for a week or two until the headaches and withdrawls go away!!! :hammerhea
    I apologize up front if I flame on anyone during my "rehab" period! :eat: Wish me luck!
    Watch out! That diet is unsustainable and unhealthy. I would suggest the South Beach diet. It's a very well balanced way to eat a live healthy.

Brewzed
    I gave it up about 3 years ago. I also gave up regular soda at the same time. One of the hardest things I've done. Brutal headaches. I had some serious withdrawls. Thank God for diet sierra mist. No calories, no sugar and no caffine. It's my methadone.
    Good Luck!

Tom Brown
    I apologize up front if I flame on anyone during my "rehab" period!
    I look forward to it. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
    I found that I have a lot more energy now that I've cut out caffeine. The Atkins diet has been effective for a lot of people.
    You've got a tough couple of weeks ahead of you. I was drinking 1~3 Cokes a day and the withdrawls were so bad I ended up taking two days off work. I believe that getting off Coke has made more of a positive change to my life than improving my diet and exercising.
    Good luck. Don't forget to drink a lot of water.
    - Tom

hallett 260
    I went from regular Coke to diet and lost 10 lbs in a month with just that change in diet. I was drinking about 4 a day and now I have about 5 diet cokes and never gained the weight back. I think regular Coke has about 200 calories (200 x 4= 800) thats the same as a full meal.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    No caffeine? IT ISN"T WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast