Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: aggressor diverter

jet4fun
    ok, im not talkin trash. my buddy was gonna buy a place diverter for his berkeley. so he called a shop (i dont know where) and the guy says why dont you get an aggressor instead, i can get you a killer deal. he tells my buddy that he can get a complete hydraulic control setup for $596. my buddy asked if that was "complete" as in i dont even need to buy a switch or hydraulic lines, or a motor, and the guy says COMPLETE. you dont need anything else. he says the aggressor is the same exact thing.
    i guess my question is that how can this be so cheap, i just looked at prices from place, and the whole setup is $876 if there is that much of a price spread for the same thing just different maker than something seems fishy. somebody help me out

wideopen545
    i bought mine from imax it is manual came with cables handle and diviter with scag fin paid 495.00

ChetCapoli
    If you can buy one for $596 complete BUY IT! I paid $690 for mine and was amazed how similiar it is to a PD. Aside from decals i think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. I'm very happy but i would be even happier at that price
    CHET

77charger
    That sounds cheap buy it.Chet how do they compare to a place diverter?I boughta place diverter recently and paid 450 diverter and cable but i had a control handle(manual type)

For what ever it is worth. I spent the last four weeks, looking for options for my boat. After several dialogs, and emails - everyone recommended a place diverter over anything else. I installed one last week and it is a dream. My two cents worth!!
    Originally posted by 77charger:
    That sounds cheap buy it.Chet how do they compare to a place diverter?I boughta place diverter recently and paid 450 diverter and cable but i had a control handle(manual type)

jet4fun
    thanks propless, actually we already know we want a diverter, we all have diverters on our boats except for him.
    wideopen, was $495 an aggressor and it came with a fin? what is imax?
    chet, was $690 the hydraulic complete setup, inculding lines, motor, and switch. if so from where. and how come the aggressor is 200 bucks cheaper than place for the same exact thing.
    also doesnt place have a patent on the diverter, and if the aggressor is the same thing wouldnt that be illegal?

HBjet
    Originally posted by jet4fun:
    and it came with a fin
    Loose the fin, they do nothing except help you manuver a little better when idling. I took mine off and have no desire to put it back on.
    I have a Plave Diverter, and I love it. Manual. I don't know anything about the Aggressor diverter so I can't comment on it. I would be curious to know how many people went from a Place to an Aggressor, and vice versa. I would stick with the original developer, Place......but when it comes down to spending less money, Aggressor is the choice.
    I believe the reason Aggressor is cheaper then the others on price is because they sell direct to the dealers, verses a having a middle man.
    HBjet

jet4fun
    thanks hb, actually i dont want a fin either i was just asking if that price included a fin because fins are like an extra 60 something bucks. just out of curiousity why do you hate the fin you had? did it make you slower?
    also that price i got on the place setup is directly from place. these aggressor prices are coming from dealers arent they. which would make what you said the complete opposite. is aggressor know for being inexpensive in all their products?
    p.s. one idea i just had was maybe the aggressor diverter is the place. aggressor buys them from place at dealer cost, and puts an aggressor sticker on them. kinda like the ford ranger,and mazda pickup, i dunno.
    i was told by cp performance that the diverter that comes standard with the brand new berkeley 12ji pump is a place diverter. thats where i got this idea

HBjet
    Jet4fun, the two diverters are in fact different. Aggressor didn't buy them from Place and just add there logo.
    As for costing less. Yes, most of there products cost less (Bowls, Impellers, Diverters, etc.)
    If your soul purpose is to throw up a rooster tail, they should both do that for you. Again, I don't know anyone that uses the Aggressor diverter, so I really don't know how they perform. I do know how the Place diverter performs, and most boaters use them. If I had to make a purchase, I would like to see if there was any difference between the two. I would talk to other boater here (as your doing) Boaters on the water, maybe someone would have one and could take me for a ride to show me how is works. And I would talk to both mfg's and also the pump shop I get my work done through. If you do your own pump work, I'd call 3 or 5 pump shops, and see what they say, and take the most recommended option.
    Good Luck!
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 13, 2002).]

jet4fun
    i guess this place is called hi-tech in kansas. he says its a special deal he has goin on right now.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast