Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the dumbest thing you've done...

Ziggy
    Think back to when you were young and did stupid things your parents would have had heart attacks from....something that easily could have killed you if not for luck.
    My memory was jogged yesterday by an old family friend that bought a car from me yesterday.
    There was a period of time around the age of 10 or so that I was enamored by the bow and arrow...had fun shooting inanimate objects with it. For entertainment I'd shoot that thing straight up into the air and see how close I could get it to land by me That wasn't so bad since I could watch and see it coming.
    Then I got the bright idea of doing it at night :hammerhea after some time and having one land about 5 feet away I figured I'd better stop trusting luck...Mom and Dad wouldn't be happy if I came in the house with an arrow stuck in the top of my head.
    What were some things you've done? I'm sure there are stories to be told with the wild bunch we got in here :2purples: ...fess up

WYRD
    There is not enough space on this board to post the things I have done that were dumb!!! :notam:

NuckinFutz
    I bought a boat, and then another, and another, and another...Just where did all my money go?

Midlife Advantage
    Think back to when you were young and did stupid things your parents would have had heart attacks from....something that easily could have killed you if not for luck.
    My memory was jogged yesterday by an old family friend that bought a car from me yesterday.
    There was a period of time around the age of 10 or so that I was enamored by the bow and arrow...had fun shooting inanimate objects with it. For entertainment I'd shoot that thing straight up into the air and see how close I could get it to land by me That wasn't so bad since I could watch and see it coming.
    Then I got the bright idea of doing it at night :hammerhea after some time and having one land about 5 feet away I figured I'd better stop trusting luck...Mom and Dad wouldn't be happy if I came in the house with an arrow stuck in the top of my head.
    What were some things you've done? I'm sure there are stories to be told with the wild bunch we got in here :2purples: ...fess up
    Ice sliding on a block of ice down anaheim hills golf course at 19, hit a sprinkler head, the block stopped, my ass kept going. I think that is where my back problems really began....

UnionJack
    Walked up to the 4 Star **** of the coast guard while I was in boot camp and called him General..... It made my boot camp stay two weeks longer

Freak
    Hummm.
    Lighting off a d sized solid rocket engine without it being in a rocket. - It did a loop and hit the back of my head burning up my shirt, hair etc.
    Trying to siphon gas from a car gas tank with a electric shop vac.
    Making a pipe bomb and packing it with a metal rod rubbing against the metal pipe.
    Trying to remove the power from a primer cap with a screw driver.
    Going out on a half frozen pond to get the dog. I fell in and almost drowned.
    just a few.

Midlife Advantage
    Hummm.
    Lighting off a d sized solid rocket engine without it being in a rocket. - It did a loop and hit the back of my head burning up my shirt, hair etc.
    Trying to siphon gas from a car gas tank with a electric shop vac.
    Making a pipe bomb and packing it with a metal rod rubbing against the metal pipe.
    Trying to remove the power from a primer cap with a screw driver.
    Going out on a half frozen pond to get the dog. I fell in and almost drowned.
    just a few.
    daham! you got any fingers, or hands left?

BarryMac
    Borrowed my moms 1978ish Pontiac Boneville, you know the big ass car with a whole lot of engine, drove it down the 2 lane road next to the house at a 100 mph in the rain, I was 13 at the time...
    Oh and there are so many more, Ziggy, you and I will have to have lunch one day, we can compare all the stupid shit we've done...

Liberator TJ1984
    Sold my '68 Hertz GT-350 Shelby Mustang Gold w/white stripes
    After my Newly Wedded Wife at the time , said it was "Impractical " and we needed money for the house.....
    and yea I gave it away :cry:

Slick
    We used to play kickball/soccer, whatever you want to call it, in the alley behind our house with a tennis ball soaked in gas.
    During the monsoon season, when the streats would flood, I'd dump a bunch of gas into the flowing water, run next to it and light it on fire. It was kinda cool having a river of fire running down your street.
    Used to jump my bike off the roof of the house into the pool.
    Took the neighbors 76 Monte Carlo to gas station to get smokes. I was 14.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast