Thread: Tunnel Boat

WATERFOUL
    I just ran across a 1988 Cougar tunnel hull rigged as an outboard (asking price is $3k less motor), is it worth rerigging as a v-drive? I have a spare 12 degree Casale but need everything else, what does the peanut gallery have to say?

madmax
    does your tunnel have a center pod,vdrive should be a 10 degree as to get correct angle.I converted a jet to vdrive,has blowin chevy took lots of time.I got most measurements off of roys blue cougar.

WATERFOUL
    Yep it's got the center pod and my v-drive is a twelve degree; besides, I'm not so sure a yahoo like me should try and set something up that I want to go fast in anyway. So I think I'll leave this one to the outboard "gods" to play with. . . Thanks

Bobby Knight
    Roys old cougar has no carpet or motor in it right now.. perfect time to take measurements..the current set up works great, and the cougar bottom is excellent for a v-drive..If you don't buy the boat, pass the info along to me, I know a few people that would convert it..Steve

WATERFOUL
    The boat is still for sale, call Kevin at 360-939-0785. I'll try to get some photos to post this weekend, the boat is located in Stanwood Washington. Let me know what happens. Mike