Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Anyone go to Kentucky Lake?

NashvilleBound
    I was looking at the KY Lake Poker Run link...anyone going? I will not have the new boat back in TN till mid June so this might work out.

YOUNG
    When exactly is the Poker Run? If I'm not working I will for sure be there!

NashvilleBound
    When exactly is the Poker Run? If I'm not working I will for sure be there!
    The 2005 edition of the Ky. Lake Poker Run will be held
    Sat., July 9th, at the Ky. Dam State Park in Gilbertsville, Ky.
    The Drivers Meeting will be at the marina, starting at 9:30am, with the first group of boats taking the green flag at 10:00am and the second group leaving 5 minutes later.
    The Ky. Dam State Resort is the Host Hotel this year so book your rooms ASAP, and mention the Poker Run as they have rooms reserved for us. Tel# 800-325-0146 The marina has slips for us as well, if anyone needs one. Marina # 270-362-8386 . The Inn By The Lake in Gilbertsville ( 2 minute drive) has rooms for us, as does the Holiday Inn in Draffenville (10 minute drive) Inn By the Lake # 270-362-4278 Holiday Inn # 270-527-5300
    The evening's festivities will start with dinner at 6:00pm at the Ky. Dam Convention Center, with the opening of the cards, trophy presentation and party to follow. The Convention Center is a very nice "air conditioned" facility with plenty of room for dining and dancing. Our dinner will be a buffet style affair, with Hand Carved Prime Rib, Southern Fried Chicken, and Catfish as entrees along with Vegetables, Salad, and Dessert.
    This years Run will start with a 30 mile jaunt, due south to the Ken-Lake Marina and there we will all raft off, pass out the cards, have drawings for prizes, take pictures for several magazines and newspapers, and basically just have time to see old friends and make new ones!! Fuel is available at the marina.
    From here we are going to change up the basic Poker Run format and go with the format used by the Emerald Coast Poker Run in FL. and others. When you leave Ken-Lake, you will already have 2 Cards in your Hand. There will be a total of 5 more card stops available, so if you want to make the remaining 5 stops, you'll open 7 cards that night. If you want to make only 3 of the remaining stops and hang out at the Rock Quarry the rest of the day, you will still have a 5 card hand to open that night. I hope I've explained it easily enough for everyone to understand, if not, we will go over it again in the Drivers Meeting. I'll offer a quick explanation; Last year I had several of the smaller boats not really "enjoying" running in the big boats wakes all day, and with the price of fuel the way it is, this should make it a little easier to handle. You'll receive a detailed map with your drivers packet showing all the stops. Two of the stops, The Moors Marina and Buzzard Rock Marina, have food and fuel available If you get hungry or thirsty!!!!!! Three pm is the card deadline. No cards will be given out after 3:00pm at any of the Stops!!!!!!
    Please send in your entry forms as soon as possible so I can get a head count for the Chef to prepare enough food for everyone that evening and also to get the correct size T-Shirt you want. So, please, if you want to eat and you want a shirt, I need them in my hand at least 45 day's prior to the event.. You can pay the entry fee when you check in Fri. afternoon or Sat morning between 7:00am and 9:00am if you want, but please send in the entry form anyway!!!!!!!!!!
    Driver check-in will begin Fri afternoon (the 8th) at 1:00pm at the marina launch ramp area. I know several people are going to make a late afternoon run over to Buzzard Rock Marina for a little food and drink if you're interested. We will also have a Sat. morning check-in starting at 7:30am till 9:00am. That means ending at 9:00, not 9:05!!!!!
    Proceeds from our event will go to the Ky. National Guard, Military Police Support Group. I hope you feel like I do, that supporting the families of these brave men and women who are defending our freedom all over the world, is a VERY worthwhile cause!!
    You can log on to www.kentuckylake.com for any Ky. Lake information, directions, and Poker Run updates!!!
    Thank you and we'll see you there!!!

throwerb
    Nashville, those graphics you sent me of your boat are amazing! Can't wait to see it in person.

NashvilleBound
    Thanks. I am real pleased myself. It is being sprayed as we speak....
    Paintball Sat if your interested...its close to you in Joelton. How about dinner at The Wildhorse (downtown Nashville)Friday night?? The food is killer there...

throwerb
    Thanks. I am real pleased myself. It is being sprayed as we speak....
    Paintball Sat if your interested...its close to you in Joelton. How about dinner at The Wildhorse (downtown Nashville)Friday night?? The food is killer there...
    We'll (just the two of us ) be there for dinner. Sat. sounds like fun but I have to see if I can get out of something. I'll call you tommorrow to make dinner plans. Will they be sending you some pics of the new baby when it pops, from the mold that is.

NashvilleBound
    Oh ya...he knows I am waiting...I am spending 2-3 hours in the gym every day trying to keep my mind off it....so it might be a good thing

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213