Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny Jet Video

Squirtin Thunder
    Funny how everyone has been complaining about the attitude toward the boaters from the Havasu residents/cops/etc but same attitude is fine if it is aimed at the jet ski folks. Guess it depends on who's joy is being squashed. I used to get annoyed at the clack clack of the skateboards down town till I got a bunch of flack for the sound of my snowmobile in the national forest. seems like there is always somebody out there that will complain about what someone else finds as a good time. Tolerance is important people cause if we all can't use the water together we may all have to loose it together.
    God of thunder,
    Where the hell have you been ???
    Jim

Mighty Thor
    Lurkin Bought a bunch of seagoin poxy putty and been waitin for it to warm up.

LVjetboy
    "Funny how everyone has been complaining about the attitude toward the boaters from the Havasu residents/cops/etc but same attitude is fine if it is aimed at the jet ski folks."
    Thor...one very important difference...
    Sound.
    There's sounds you love and sounds you hate. I bet there's more than one who loves the sound of a big block. I do. Is there anyone out there and I mean anyone (even jet skiers) who loves the sound of a jet ski leaf blower weed eater? Gotta be one of the most annoying sounds ever made. Now multiply by 4 and circle endlessly in front of your campsite like the dude in the picture. You get the picture?
    It goes on and on and on and on. If you or they don't like the sound of a BBC and open headers, that's fine. But when's the last time you saw a big block circle endlessly in front of your campsite jumping wakes? Not often if at all. Big power usually goes from point a to point b...not small circles in front of you. Unlike those annoying insects of lake toys...circling endlessly.
    So yes I think there is a difference. And no, I don't think you can compare the two. Apparantly...they even annoy sword fish.
    jer

switchin'addiction
    you guys run open headers and actually have the balls to complain about a little jet ski? ha! i am willing to bet there are more complaints every time you guys are out than any jet ski.
    I would have to disagree with you berk! I used to be one of these jerkoff jet ski owners so I feel I am "qualified" to say they sound like shit, are annoying to most people, dangerous, and people riding them don't look anywhere near as "cool" as they think they do. The people they see looking at them are staring in anger, not in appreciation. I agree with what Mighty Thor said in his post, but I will take a BB circling my campground over a damn jet ski any day of the week.

Mighty Thor
    Problem is that the rich man with the lake front house don't like the sound or sight of anyone out on "his" lake/river/beach/forest/desert and he has lots of friends on the city counsel County board etc and he's gonna pass a law that gets you all off his lake/river/beach/forest/desert. If we don't start supporting each other's rights to use the recreation areas we aren't going to have them. As soon as one group (hot boats) can be excluded cause someone dissaproves, the rest of us will get picked off one at a time. I would love to show you some beautiful mountain lakes around here, but we would have to walk there cause a few years ago the hikers pitched a fit about all the noise that off road vehicles made and guess what, the 4 wheelers got tossed. Motorcycle riders round here were pretty smug till the next legislature closed the roads to them too. Horse riders were right there supporting the anti motor groups. This year the horses were banned cause they poop on the trails and hikers can't walk around. Kind of makes me want to walk up to those jet ski guys and say " We need to talk."

berk
    "Funny how everyone has been complaining about the attitude toward the boaters from the Havasu residents/cops/etc but same attitude is fine if it is aimed at the jet ski folks."
    Thor...one very important difference...
    Sound.
    There's sounds you love and sounds you hate. I bet there's more than one who loves the sound of a big block. I do. Is there anyone out there and I mean anyone (even jet skiers) who loves the sound of a jet ski leaf blower weed eater? Gotta be one of the most annoying sounds ever made. Now multiply by 4 and circle endlessly in front of your campsite like the dude in the picture. You get the picture?
    It goes on and on and on and on. If you or they don't like the sound of a BBC and open headers, that's fine. But when's the last time you saw a big block circle endlessly in front of your campsite jumping wakes? Not often if at all. Big power usually goes from point a to point b...not small circles in front of you. Unlike those annoying insects of lake toys...circling endlessly.
    So yes I think there is a difference. And no, I don't think you can compare the two. Apparantly...they even annoy sword fish.
    jer
    there might be sounds that YOU hate, but i only see people having fun burning gas.

berk
    Funny how everyone has been complaining about the attitude toward the boaters from the Havasu residents/cops/etc but same attitude is fine if it is aimed at the jet ski folks. Guess it depends on who's joy is being squashed. I used to get annoyed at the clack clack of the skateboards down town till I got a bunch of flack for the sound of my snowmobile in the national forest. seems like there is always somebody out there that will complain about what someone else finds as a good time. Tolerance is important people cause if we all can't use the water together we may all have to loose it together.
    YES. tolerance is what make s the world possible. anyone without it is an a**hole. hey i hate sail boats but i wont ever admit it. and no i never owned a jet ski, but they are fun as hell.

berk
    I would have to disagree with you berk! I used to be one of these jerkoff jet ski owners so I feel I am "qualified" to say they sound like shit, are annoying to most people, dangerous, and people riding them don't look anywhere near as "cool" as they think they do. The people they see looking at them are staring in anger, not in appreciation. I agree with what Mighty Thor said in his post, but I will take a BB circling my campground over a damn jet ski any day of the week.
    open headers carry way farther than a jet ski sound

LVjetboy
    Hmm... Thor, is this a case for the many...jet skiers...ruining it for the few...hot boaters?
    Where I typically boat, there are no rich lake front a**holes. Why? 'Cause there's no lake front property, period. But there is the continued march towards ever increasing regulation and restriction as everywhere. That sucks!
    But I'm not sure banding with an obnoxious interest group like jet skiers in hopes of fending off regulation is good...even if that group is fighting the same restrictions. Safety in numbers? If you band with them, aren't you associating your worth with their faults?
    The other day I was at Lake Powell walking the dock saw a couple 2 cycle outboards start and run. Lake Powell water is crystal clear you could probably drink it. These seemingly new 2 cycle outboard Mercs spewing smoke and oil with a rainbow sheen on the water...burning oil and polluting both air and water all with that typically annoying leaf blower sound. My BBC doesn't do that.
    Are we the same?
    Should we hook up with them too? Why not switch to 4 cycle? Should we also back 2-cycle jet skis in the name of solidarity or safety in numbers? Or support the seemingly uncontrolled growth of the lake lice fad in hopes of preserving hot boat freedom?
    A hard question. Nobody wants their right to choice taken away. But I feel lake lice proliferation IS a problem if not THE problem on many lakes. Eventually drawing unneeded attention to hot boats who've been boating safely since well before lake lice entered the scene. So I have a hard time with the idea of aligning the jet boating industry with the jet ski industry in a lame attempt to appease neo-nazi tree huggers who attack our passion.
    jer

LVjetboy
    berk posted: "there might be sounds that YOU hate, but i only see people having fun burning gas."
    Yes there are sounds I hate. Also sounds I love. May the annoying sound of a jet skier (or ATV) just having fun and burning gas be with you always circling your campsite forever berk. Take that as you apparently see it.
    jer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast