Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CONNECTION

riverbound
    Yup.. That unit plus a PART# VCI-GM1 or PART# VCI-GM2 (for touch screen model)from PAC should do the trick...
    Roz,
    will those parts also work on the H2 radio? having a helluva time trying to get some video done in my moms H2 all the adapters we tried so far wont let us put audio and video in it at the same time. its an '04 non touch screen

djunkie
    LIKE A GLOVE!
    HMMMM. This sounds like a good idea

ROZ
    Roz,
    will those parts also work on the H2 radio? having a helluva time trying to get some video done in my moms H2 all the adapters we tried so far wont let us put audio and video in it at the same time. its an '04 non touch screen
    The VCIGM1 is the non touch screen adaptor...

riverbound
    The VCIGM1 is the non touch screen adaptor...
    What are you using for audio input?
    Everything we have tried so far isnt working right and I dont want to go FM modulator.

ROZ
    The units listed above only carry audio...You can use something like their AIGM12 to add an aux input...
    This is from their site.... I spoke to a tech there about it a while back...
    The AAI-GM12 allows direct interface of any preamp level audio source to a 2003 GM Class II factory radio with a slave unit, eliminating the need for sound degrading solutions like an FM modulator. The AAI-GM12 interface inputs sources from units such as a DVD, VCP, MP3, Satellite Radio or Play Station.
    • Lower cost and higher quality sound than a FM modulator.
    • Comes with a three position switch which allows you to switch between two auxiliary inputs and the factory slave unit.
    • High quality audio isolation IC eliminates engine noise.
    • Internal CMOS electronic switching for long term reliability.
    Requirements: 2003 SUV’s and trucks with RDS radios (Class II radios). The SUV or truck must have a factory external XM receiver or factory DVD Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) or factory/aftermarket CD changer (factory 6 disc changer built in the radio does not qualify). Currently only the Escalade, or Denali's have a separate 6 disc changers. Vehicles with optional Navigation radio with 6 disc changer in center console also qualify. Please note that the slave unit must continuously be playing or if XM or DVD, must be on and playing for the AAI-GM12 to work.

BLOWN HOWARD
    LIKE A GLOVE!
    Whats it cost to incorporate this deal into the Chevy, As far as the navagation and stuff goes. I am really interested in this if its not to crzy expensive. Now that i think of it i know the owner of Mark Christopher, might need to make a phone call.

riverbound
    AAIGM12 doesn't work on the H2, I tried it. Works great on my Tahoe. Supposedly there are some problems integrating into the H2's specifically and there are some pieces being developed right now, I just didn't want to wait.
    The units listed above only carry audio...You can use something like their AIGM12 to add an aux input...
    This is from their site.... I spoke to a tech there about it a while back...
    The AAI-GM12 allows direct interface of any preamp level audio source to a 2003 GM Class II factory radio with a slave unit, eliminating the need for sound degrading solutions like an FM modulator. The AAI-GM12 interface inputs sources from units such as a DVD, VCP, MP3, Satellite Radio or Play Station.
    • Lower cost and higher quality sound than a FM modulator.
    • Comes with a three position switch which allows you to switch between two auxiliary inputs and the factory slave unit.
    • High quality audio isolation IC eliminates engine noise.
    • Internal CMOS electronic switching for long term reliability.
    Requirements: 2003 SUV’s and trucks with RDS radios (Class II radios). The SUV or truck must have a factory external XM receiver or factory DVD Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) or factory/aftermarket CD changer (factory 6 disc changer built in the radio does not qualify). Currently only the Escalade, or Denali's have a separate 6 disc changers. Vehicles with optional Navigation radio with 6 disc changer in center console also qualify. Please note that the slave unit must continuously be playing or if XM or DVD, must be on and playing for the AAI-GM12 to work.

ROZ
    Well damn.... Did you try the 9?
    You could always take the deck apart and hardwire your own input onto the board .. Try Scott at La Jolla audio.. They are known to do stuff like that. I think they wire in their own optical inputs into Rolls' decks

Daytona100
    COOL....I want to get the new touch screen nav head unit from an 05 Escalde, and a set of silver Birch/chrome door handles. IF you can get me a price id be stoked...thanks, Toby
    The part number for the navagation unit from AC delco is 10377531 price is about 1600.00 plus you need a special antenna at about 50.00. Kinda pricey but pretty cool. If you can get me the part numbers for the door handles you want I can check on the price.

Havasu Hangin'
    If you can get me the part numbers for the door handles you want I can check on the price.
    How about the rear pillar covers on an Escalade?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast