Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I picked up my new boat and.......

Essex29
    Well I picked it up yesterday...
    I love it! It has an HP500EFI with a M-3 Procharger,Bravo XR and some other stuff I'll post later....
    Here is my dilemma....When I inspected it and agreed to buy the boat 2 weeks ago it had new Goodyear Marathon tires on it...when I picked it up it now has old,cracked Carlisles with a pretty deep gouge in one of the tires. I noticed it while I was getting air in the tires right down the street from the sellers house. I called the guy up and told him that the tires were swapped at some point during the time that I saw them and when I picked it up. He says to me I don't know what happened to it while it was sitting at the factory and he had 3 BRAND NEW ones put on at the end of summer (all of them are pretty dry and cracked) and that he will check it out, so I tell him I will be back at his house in a couple of minutes to show him the tires and if need be leave the boat there, he says "I just got on the freeway and wont be home until tonight", but hey I'll pay for 1/2 of a new set of tires....WTF should I pay for the other 1/2 for ?
    Fast forward....I get a call from the salesmen at that introduced us and the guy starts off calling me a deceitful, lying person and that I was out to do wrong from the start, why...hmmm maybe because I was trying to negotiate and get a deal on a boat?? What is deceitful about that? Then he tells me that he has instructed the seller to have the boat towed if I bring it back to his house...and that I should have accepted his gracious offer to pay for 1/2.
    It's a bitchen boat and I love it...should I just take 1/2 the cost of new tires and move on and let boater's karma do it's job? Do I have any recourse?

cola
    Who switched the tires. :frown:

THATJEFFGUY
    That sucks. I'd just replace the tries and let the guy pay half...and chalk it up to experience. Then go slice the salesmans car/truck tires so he knows exactly what "deceitful" means...and so he gets a better idea of how expensive tires can be ! :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
    Shit like that just ticks ya off, doesn't it?
    As much as you'd like to take the salesman to the carpet on this I'm sure, **** it. Get new tires, take the old ones back to the dealer and drop them off. Let them know that you just wanted to bring them back in case they wanted to use them again.
    Leave them stacked up in front of this dweebs office.

cola
    I wouldn't think Alex would something like that. They did let the seller deal with the buyer direct & gave up there commission. Not too many shops would do that for the seller. I still want a ride in that boat. I will be in Havasu next weekend if your going to get that thing wet.
    Late, Mike

charlyox
    SAWEET!congrats
    too bad that dude pulled a fast one on you.My Essex had carlisle tires on when I bought it (used)and got 2 blowouts.I put Goodyear Marathons on it.Karma will catch up with him.

BarryMac
    Nice boat, that sucks about the tires, I just put four on my trailer yesterday, they were just under $400.00 for all. I would let him pay half and be done with it, you'll be better of just getting it over with...

charlyox
    I'll second that.either way you NEED new tires

Scream
    Make the guy pay 1/2, but at least get good tires with his money. He'll get his in the end.

Floored
    I would go down and chat with the salesman during business hours in front of customers and confront him about the tire swap, be loud and annoying, which is not illegal, and promise to come back every chance you get until they make it right. YOU HATE THIEVES!! :devil: if you scare off a few customers it will cost them more than it did you for tires.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast