Thread: Does anyone have and idea????????

flattie
    On how much a 1973 sanger V-drive weighs with a big block chevy fully outfitted? The reason I ask Im about to order new torsion axles for my trailer and I need to know the weight

the real k-boat king
    On how much a 1973 sanger V-drive weighs with a big block chevy fully outfitted? The reason I ask Im about to order new torsion axles for my trailer and I need to know the weight
    shouldn't weight any more than 2000 lbs

dmontzsta
    I will take a stab and say 2400-2600lbs.

Moneypitt
    I'd go along with the 2600 max. For comparison, a legal SS boat weighs 1850 with the driver. And those boats don't have anything they don't need. And sometime have to add weight........MP

72 Hondo
    If the boat and trailer are still together and towable, I whould load it as you whould for a river trip and take it to a local truck scale and weigh it (with full tanks). :idea:

Carnivalride
    My competitive tandem axle trailer under my 78 Hondo runner bottom weighed 840lbs before I rebuilt it. Haven't weighed the boat yet so I can't give a total but I would guess closer to 2800lbs with fuel and water in the block. But if you can take it to a sand pit or truck stop and weigh so you know for sure.

flattie
    thanks guys for the info. I ordered the new axles this morning. All I need to know was a rough idea
    Rick