Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tahiti Emblems

DD_Tahiti
    Hello all, I am new here, as my post count obviously shows you. Anyway, my wife and I are working on fixing up a 19ft ‘73 Tahiti we picked up and the end of last summer. From the research we’ve done, it’s pretty much original down to the ‘73 A&M trailer. It has the stock 455 Olds that has been re-built with some high performance options installed. It has the original Berkeley pump (which is hard to find any info on) and it has also been re-built. The other hard thing to find any info on was the Jet-o-vater which is run off a big huge box that has GM window motor turning a gear mechanism that appears to be a lot like the old steering boxes and is wired up to a switch & trim gauge on the dash. It took us for ever just to find a replacement motor for this. The boat was painted by a famous Orange Count paint shop which put a signature of:
    “PAINTED FOR THE FRUMP FAMILY BY VALE’S KUSTOM KOLORS”
    The boat is a combination of browns with some orange on it and is called “Coco Puff”. Anyway, the paint & interior are pretty thrashed and the floor has a weak spot in it. We are actually taking it out this weekend to Lake (SmellSomeMore) Elsinore before we start tearing her down. I have looked at the seats and the wood is still in really good condition so after this weekend I will be pulling the rest of the upholstery off to get a better look at the whole thing. If all is well I’ll simply take the seats and down to the upholstery shop to get done. Next we will rip the flooring up and put a new one in along with new carpet. It will then go to ZBest Auto Body & Paint to get the hull fixed and re-painted.
    Anyway, after boring you all with that, one of the emblems on the boat is missing the Tiki Head. We are looking for a replacement, so if anyone has one please let us know and how much you are asking for it.

455Rocket
    The bow makes it look older than a '73... maybe just the shadows messing w/ me. I had a '74. Good luck w/ the emblems.

1978 Rogers
    that is a sweet looking boat. I like the colors. Looks in good condition.

i have a set just have to find them. i will try this weekend to find them.
    pat

DD_Tahiti
    i have a set just have to find them. i will try this weekend to find them.
    pat
    Thanks Pat.... That would be awesome.
    And
    Thanks guys for the comments on the boat. It doesn't look quit as good as the pictures show it looking. We are kinda tossed up about weather we are going to keep the retro colors or do something a little more updated. The shodows don't quite show the semi-v the boat has.

Just my opinion, but don't "update" it. Look how many boats have checkered flag graphics after "updating" their boats. What you have is classic.... embrace it.

good looking hull, one of the best riding Tahiti's from back in the day. Deep entry, wide hull with lots of room, it was my dad's favorite, not that that matters one bit though. Congrats!

DD_Tahiti
    Thanks for the thoughts and opinions guys. I'm really leaning to the retro look, just have to convince the wife
    Old Rigger, do you happen to know what model this one is?

GunninGopher
    Just my opinion, but don't "update" it. Look how many boats have checkered flag graphics after "updating" their boats. What you have is classic.... embrace it.
    That boat looks pretty sweet as it sits, just needs a little TLC.
    The checkers already look outdated and the flames will in a couple of years. That thing looks classic. The hull is so the paint may as well be, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast