Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Machinist here?

Ranz1
    I have a few questions on becoming a machinist. If someone here is one and can point me in a direction on how i can become one, please e-mail me at ranz1@earthlink.net Thanks, Ant

RiverDave
    What do you want to know?
    RD

76BARRON
    Check out your local College,or stop by a local machine shop and ask!
    Many people call,fax,email and somtimes that will work but nothing beats a face to face! Here in So. Calif. speaking english(no joke) helps. Go out and make some noise,squeaky wheel gets the grease. Shops like to see motivated
    people. GOOD LUCK!

HCS
    Be careful what kind of mechinist you become. Some get no respect and don't get paid shit. My buddy was shop forman for Rex Hutchinson Racing engines after being his mechinist for many years. He got paid chump change.
    He quit and went out on his own because of the low pay.

76BARRON
    HCS hit the nail on the head ! BUT ! I will say this , It makes for great play
    or HOBBY TIME!

HCS
    HCS hit the nail on the head ! BUT ! I will say this , It makes for great play
    or HOBBY TIME!
    I tell ya! He can make one fast engine. He knows his shit that's for sure.
    His Sanger hydro with two 4's can smoke alot of blown motors. :crossx:

RiverDave
    Be careful what kind of mechinist you become. Some get no respect and don't get paid shit. My buddy was shop forman for Rex Hutchinson Racing engines after being his mechinist for many years. He got paid chump change.
    He quit and went out on his own because of the low pay.
    Well maybe he shoulda tried being a machinist instead of a mechinist..
    But to agree with what HCS said.. The market is pretty whored out, and machinists don't make nearly as much as they should.
    RD

Pee Dub
    Horse sense skill......Jackass pay

WILDERTHANU
    The market is pretty whored out, and machinists don't make nearly as much as they should.
    RD
    Wow...LMAO, maybe in boat parts. Depending on who you work for, its an awesome trade. My family dates back 4 generations cutting metal. My brother and I are the first generation born here to continue the family business. You really have to be quite educated these day to make a decent living, especially if you want to live in s.cal. I would suggest starting out here http://www.trainingcenters.org/. You can do very well for yourself in this industry if you put put your BRAIN into it!! Like anything else, you must really apply yourself....its up to you how much money you make.

76BARRON
    mechinest....thats my so. cal accent see what I mean about english!
    I'v been here to long

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast