Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help if you can, please :)

bunny 166
    Hi all--I am going to be in a jam soon. I am going to lose my practice facility for my dance team as of June. I have a team of 30 girls that I teach; we practice once, maybe twice a week, at 5:00. I am hoping someone owns a building in south OC (foothill ranch would be great! ) that would sub-lease me some space for dirt cheap??? My schedule right now is practice Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:30pm. The photo shows my space now, a HUGE gym inside our local church. It is awesome, but if no one on my team attends the church, I cannot continue to practice there. I do not need nearly that much room, just an indoor space with restroom facilities. I hate to ask, but space in Foothill Ranch is so expensive, and I don't charge much tuition in order to keep the program affordable for everyone. Right now, I can use the church for free, which has been wonderful for 4 years, but my time is running out. This is my main source of income, and it pays for our toys! I must say eventually I would like to have multiple teams and practice more often, but for now this is where I am. I work during the school year (Sept. thru June), and take the summer off, but if I could hold summer day classes, maybe I would. Thank you guys for reading this--let me know if anyone can help in the Foothill Ranch, RSM, Lake Forest area..... :wink: Cindyhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0486.JPG

Rev. Williams
    I wish I could help..... That's great what you're doing for those kids...
    No chance of getting the kids to hit the church every now and then?? Sounds like it may be worth it to keep such a nice place.

bunny 166
    Thanks, Rev. I have gone to Christmas services there; it's a nice church. I'm hoping the pastor sees what a nice thing he is doing for the community of Foothill Ranch and will continue to let us practice there.....

Red Eye
    Since they aren't charging you anything and you're willing to pay somebody else to lease, have you thought about donating a little something to the church? Maybe that could help???

bunny 166
    Since they aren't charging you anything and you're willing to pay somebody else to lease, have you thought about donating a little something to the church? Maybe that could help???
    Sure have.....I am hoping a meeting with the Pastor will work, but I am also hoping to expand. I would love to have a pee wee team and a mini mascot team, and I know the church would only give me so much practice time....I guess my ultimate goal is to have a space of my own in order to have more teams. I haven't yet put that plan into action, so if I keep just one team for next season, I would love to stay at the church... Does any of that make sense????? Sounding kinda blond over here... :hammerhea

Red Eye
    Sure have.....I am hoping a meeting with the Pastor will work, but I am also hoping to expand. I would love to have a pee wee team and a mini mascot team, and I know the church would only give me so much practice time....I guess my ultimate goal is to have a space of my own in order to have more teams. I haven't yet put that plan into action, so if I keep just one team for next season, I would love to stay at the church... Does any of that make sense????? Sounding kinda blond over here... :hammerhea
    No...it makes perfect sense (I must have blonde in me somewhere) Well...good luck and I hope you find what you want.

HOOTER SLED-
    Cindy,
    Check out you're local city Parks & Rec. facilities. You may be able to rent it out for cheap. Some cities even have nice set-ups already. I worked for the City of Torrance Parks & Rec. for many years. For example, they had nice dance type rooms at their "Art Center". I know Torrance is too far, but alot of cities have these types of resources. If anything, maybe you can hook up with a part-time gig as an instructor locally. The city was always looking for private instructors to contract for classes. I'm sure it's the same in other areas. Hope this helps. Good luck.

phebus
    Cindy, there is a church in a commercial building right next door to the fire station I work at in Rancho Santa Margarita. It is called Hope Church, and I know they let organizations use their facilities for different functions (weight watchers meetings, community meetings, etc.), so you may want to approach them. Toll road close.
    Worth a shot,they are great people that also run youth camps, so maybe this could be incorporated right in.
    Rick
    Man, the pain killers they have me on for my back sure don't let the brain waves make it to the fingers to type. Thank god for the edit function

SCUBA STEVE
    Cindy, sorry we can't help, and hope you find a solution soon. But why are there no males in your dance team? I think it should be co-ed. (hope you got a laugh out of that)

bunny 166
    Cindy, sorry we can't help, and hope you find a solution soon. But why are there no males in your dance team? I think it should be co-ed. (hope you got a laugh out of that)
    Yeah, Darrin keeps asking when I'm gonna start coaching the 18 year olds....................perv :devil:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast