Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Immigration Reform... Grassroots style

flat broke
    First of all, I have to say that this forum is the epitomy of Rhetoric, because for the most part, many of us bitch and moan, but do very little about the things we feel so strongly about. The other day, I was crusing the boards and read a post by Lake Ape. The post itself wasn't anything special, but a little link at the bottom of his signature caught my attention. I clicked the link and it took me to Minutemanproject.com.
    I'm not going to go into what that site focuses on, but rather give a list of related sites that I've checked out during my spare time through the course of the past couple of days.
    http://www.minutemanproject.com/index.html
    A pretty straightforward sight with a basic goal of drawing attention to the issue of illegal immigration and underfunded border patrol resources.
    http://www.americanborderpatrol.com/ A group of people who actually partake in operations to assist in securing our southern borders. Some cool stuff here including their own UAV and and infared footage of patrols.
    http://www.civilhomelanddefense.us/ A group similar to the Minutemen and that actually provide some operational guidlines for the minuteman project
    http://www.noinvaders.org/ This site is based in LA and takes a more business orriented approach to illegal imigration. Through use of bad/black lists of companies who use illegal labor and support accesiblity to illegal aliens, this site aims to inform the outraged citizens of So Cal.
    http://www.desertinvasion.us/ This site seems orriented towards the ecological effects illegal imigrans are having on our fragile desert enviromnent.
    The bottom line is that a lot of us feel the same way about the issue. And if any of you are like myself, you probably thought that there was nothing you can do as an individual to stop it. Well, these sites prove that is wrong. They provide informational resources for one to take a course of action of his/her own, or they allow you to work as an individual within the framework of an already established organization which can use your support in various forms.
    As an example, I found the section on Citizen's arrest on the Noinvaders.org site to be somewhat usefull. Specicially, the fact that if I wanted to roll Home Depots busting Illegals, I should call my local ICE agent instead of the local PD due to the effects of special order 40 in most of So. Cal.
    I'm not saying I can or will donate every waking moment of my life towards this cause. I just wanted to post the resources up for those that might feel the same way and didn't know what they could do. Personally, I think it would be more effective to get filthy rich, hire some mercs to come in and go snipe hunting in the hills along the border. The fear factor for illegals would be a major deterent and it would force the Fed's hand into doing something on the topic. But since I'm nowhere near the level of wealth that affords the kind of amnesty one would need to acomplish such a task, I'll stick to more peaceable means of contribution.
    Some of you will probably look at this stuff in the same fashion as a backwoods milita effort. But you can't deny the negative effects of illegal imigration. THREE MILLION illegal aliens were suspected to have crossed the border last year. Thats a hell of a lot of free social services, lost jobs, lost taxes, used water, filled landfill space, load on our sewer systems, and on and on and on.... We as the citizens of the nation need to protect our way of life and interests as it is not politically correct for our elected officials to stand up and do it for us.
    Anyone wanna go out for a little quad riding one weekend in Tombstone AZ ?
    Chris

EricPhilbin
    Let me start by saying I am not FOR illegal immagrants gaining rights and/or drivers licences. Too often you see the illegals on welfare with 12 kids and no way of supporting them; this is a real issue, and I appluad you guys on taking a stand.
    However, I'd like to point out that I think it's pretty clear that California's economy is dependant on the labor illegal immagrants provide. It is troubling, to me at least, that so many arguments that allow them to stay center around our economy. It is like being in the south in the 1860's and saying slavery is OK because the economy of the south depends on it.
    I'm not saying they should be allowed to stay, but simply that it can be a complicated issue.

Lake Ape
    Thumbs Up on that minuteman project, I will be there! I'm taking my coonhounds down for a couple of weekends, should be fun!

cdog
    First of all, I have to say that this forum is the epitomy of Rhetoric, because for the most part, many of us bitch and moan, but do very little about the things we feel so strongly about. The other day, I was crusing the boards and read a post by Lake Ape. The post itself wasn't anything special, but a little link at the bottom of his signature caught my attention. I clicked the link and it took me to Minutemanproject.com.
    I'm not going to go into what that site focuses on, but rather give a list of related sites that I've checked out during my spare time through the course of the past couple of days.
    A pretty straightforward sight with a basic goal of drawing attention to the issue of illegal immigration and underfunded border patrol resources.
    http://www.americanborderpatrol.com/ A group of people who actually partake in operations to assist in securing our southern borders. Some cool stuff here including their own UAV and and infared footage of patrols.
    http://www.civilhomelanddefense.us/ A group similar to the Minutemen and that actually provide some operational guidlines for the minuteman project
    http://www.noinvaders.org/ This site is based in LA and takes a more business orriented approach to illegal imigration. Through use of bad/black lists of companies who use illegal labor and support accesiblity to illegal aliens, this site aims to inform the outraged citizens of So Cal.
    http://www.desertinvasion.us/ This site seems orriented towards the ecological effects illegal imigrans are having on our fragile desert enviromnent.
    The bottom line is that a lot of us feel the same way about the issue. And if any of you are like myself, you probably thought that there was nothing you can do as an individual to stop it. Well, these sites prove that is wrong. They provide informational resources for one to take a course of action of his/her own, or they allow you to work as an individual within the framework of an already established organization which can use your support in various forms.
    As an example, I found the section on Citizen's arrest on the Noinvaders.org site to be somewhat usefull. Specicially, the fact that if I wanted to roll Home Depots busting Illegals, I should call my local ICE agent instead of the local PD due to the effects of special order 40 in most of So. Cal.
    I'm not saying I can or will donate every waking moment of my life towards this cause. I just wanted to post the resources up for those that might feel the same way and didn't know what they could do. Personally, I think it would be more effective to get filthy rich, hire some mercs to come in and go snipe hunting in the hills along the border. The fear factor for illegals would be a major deterent and it would force the Fed's hand into doing something on the topic. But since I'm nowhere near the level of wealth that affords the kind of amnesty one would need to acomplish such a task, I'll stick to more peaceable means of contribution.
    Some of you will probably look at this stuff in the same fashion as a backwoods milita effort. But you can't deny the negative effects of illegal imigration. THREE MILLION illegal aliens were suspected to have crossed the border last year. Thats a hell of a lot of free social services, lost jobs, lost taxes, used water, filled landfill space, load on our sewer systems, and on and on and on.... We as the citizens of the nation need to protect our way of life and interests as it is not politically correct for our elected officials to stand up and do it for us.
    Chris
    Oriely has been talking about this subject on his show and has had several interviews with members of the group leading that. He's trying to raise attention to the subject. You'd have to be more south than tombstone, more like nogalas to yuma or to benson. I used to work out there from Phoenix to Nogalas and even out to Sieria Vista. The mexi lovers put big water tanks out in the middle of the desert so the border hoppers don't die of thirst.

Coleitis22
    Chris
    Quad Riding in Tombstone. Should we pack an 06 or 222, lunch and some night vision goggles in case the prairie dogs give us some trouble? :crossx:

flat broke
    Quad Riding in Tombstone. Should we pack an 06 or 222, lunch and some night vision goggles in case the prairie dogs give us some trouble? :crossx:
    Honestly, the longest I could get away for would maybe be 2 weekends where I'd leave work thursday night, show up friday mid day and stay til mid day Sunday. As far as an 06 or 222, I'd be sportin 7.62x39, and wouldn't be caught dead out there without somethin slung over my back. I know it's not the intent of any of the organizations that I posted links for to engage in physical confrontation with the illegal aliens, but there is a criminal element(above and beyond the fellons that they are buy being illegal aliens) that moves with the imigrants. These are the type of people who have raped border town residents, shot at border patrol agents, and killed a U.S. National Park Ranger. I wouldn't go looking for trouble, but would be well equiped and prepared should trouble find me.
    As to Eric's response.... Do a search on what I've posted in this forum and you'll see my argument for your statement that our economy is dependent upon their labor... I think you're in error. If you look at the amount of tax dollars spent on illegal aliens in the state of CA, vs. the cost savings their illicit employment offers on mostly produce, I think you'd see I'm right. If you are refering to manual labor, check for yourself and stop by your local Home Depot, find the bastards hanging out looking for work, then ask how much they'd want per hour... $10/hr minimum. Not exactly cheap labor. Whether or not you agree with me on our economy's dependence on their labor, it can't be used as an excuse for their prolonged stay in our country. Every day each of them are here, more and more of our tax dollars are spent on them and their offspring instead of programs for children of tax paying citizens, or for our war veterans.
    Chris

Forkin' Crazy
    The mexi lovers put big water tanks out in the middle of the desert so the border hoppers don't die of thirst.
    It would seem to me that that would be a good TARGET for target practice.
    Too bad I'm not closer. That would be a long haul for me!!

Her454
    Chris, being a ***boat member for as long as you have, there is no doubt that you have read similar threads of mine in the past regarding this subject. I am in complete agreement with the fact that SOMETHING needs to be done. Growing up in Arizona gave me more insight to the bigger picture than most people get living in a non border state.
    The jobs lost to illegals are countless. The US is "giving" away benefits that should go to legal citizens and allowing exceptions for illegals. To me, this sends the wrong message across the border and its no wonder we have such an illegal crossing problem. Tho it is a sad situation, the issues you reference in Tombstone/Tucson are dangerous ones. I lost a dear friend a few years ago in a shootout along the border who left a family behind. I dont know the answers to this GROWING problem, but I do know that Americans need to do something CONSTRUCTIVE rather than watching from the sidelines as our country slowly gives away more of our own jobs, lost taxes, welfare benefits, medical etc. Living down there I witnessed destructive vigilanty type retaliations due to the US's lack of deeper involvement along the border until recently. This is NOT the answer either but these links you posted are a start for the average person to do their part. Thanks for posting it and sorry for rambling.......

Blown 472
    Or you could vote for someone that is not a Vicente Fox patsy.

Her454
    It would seem to me that that would be a good TARGET for target practice.
    Too bad I'm not closer. That would be a long haul for me!!
    These responses are PATHETIC. As much as I dont want illegal aliens crossing our deserts or borders, I dont want them dying of heat and dehydration out there either, some with children. Stupid risks on their part? Most certainly. But the children that die as a result are not at fault and are innocent victims, and there are plenty of them. More each year.
    From their point of view, the US is a safe haven that OFFERS all of the above at some risk. A risk alot are willing to take to live here. That does not justify the rising death tolls in the desert. Show SOME COMPASSION here as the fault lies within OUR country for allowing it and in some cases even ENTICING it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast