Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Home Builders

INSman
    I have it narrowed down somewhat to probably either HILLTOP HOMES or BRIDGEWATER HOMES. Would anyone care to share either their short-term or long-term experience with either of these builders, good, bad, or indifferent?
    I am looking to build about a 1,700 to 1,800 house for personal use and light winter rental. Other quality builders that I should be considering that don't charge an arm and a leg ??

Kachina26
    I'm with Bridgewater right now, but I haven't broken ground yet. So far, good communication skills and calls back. Summerlove is very happy with them.

dicudmore
    2 of my havasu friends have Diamondback Homes....
    They were SLOW building them, but a very nice home all said and done

Mrs.Racer277
    We have been dealing with Affordable Homes. So far everything has been great.

INSman
    Hopefully Michele will chime in here soon, before I meet her out there tomorrow afternoon.

Mtg Pro
    sent you a pm

Kachina26
    Hopefully Michele will chime in here soon, before I meet her out there tomorrow afternoon.
    Make sure she takes you through Rick's homes.

phebus
    In my opinion, it is getting to late into the year to get through the permit process, and have a home built by summer. There is too much good stock on the market right now, that a discriminating buyer could find exctly what he is looking for, at a better price than building on their own, and be able to move right in and start enjoying it now. I don't understand the option of building new in this market, unless you wanted something totally custom. SPAM (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69325)

TrojanDan
    In my opinion, it is getting to late into the year to get through the permit process, and have a home built by summer. There is too much good stock on the market right now, that a discriminating buyer could find exctly what he is looking for, at a better price than building on their own, and be able to move right in and start enjoying it now. I don't understand the option of building new in this market, unless you wanted something totally custom.
    I totally disagree. I'm assuming INSman is building a home to meet his needs for years to come and not just to have something to stay in for the Summer of 2005 (he mentioned light winter rental). Yes, permitting is probably at least several months away, plus hiring a contractor, drawing the plans, doing the perc tests (if not done already) will also have to come prior to permiting. I think INSman relizes that he will be moving in sometime in the Fall. Well worth the wait in my opinion to get something you really want. That is of course some other smokin "for sale by owner" deal is out there.
    INSman, I had DBU build my home. I recommended them to another friend who is currently using them. They did me right when they completed my house in Nov. 2002. I wish I can say the same for my friend who seems to be battling them all the way.

INSman
    In my opinion, it is getting to late into the year to get through the permit process, and have a home built by summer. There is too much good stock on the market right now, that a discriminating buyer could find exctly what he is looking for, at a better price than building on their own, and be able to move right in and start enjoying it now. I don't understand the option of building new in this market, unless you wanted something totally custom. SPAM (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69325)
    Too funny !! :rollside: :rollside:
    Your garage is TOO small :2purples: :2purples:
    Trust me, I am in no rush to spend my money. I will have done quite well by the time the house is actually built, likely to be in October.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast