Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adhesive Remover

LUVNLIFE
    The guy that owned my 19 Daytona before covered up the parque floor with carpet. He used some type of adhesive thats going to be a bitch to remove. I tryed acetone and it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions on a killer remover. Thanks Cale

Coleitis22
    The guy that owned my 19 Daytona before covered up the parque floor with carpet. He used some type of adhesive thats going to be a bitch to remove. I tryed acetone and it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions on a killer remover. Thanks Cale
    I used this stuff called "OOPS". Sounds corny but it worked on my boat. Buy a small can and test it.

LUVNLIFE
    I'll try it. Where can I find it? I tried googone but no good. I ran out of 3M adhesive remover. That stuff was pretty kickass so I'm gonna get another can.

1slowboat
    I had the same thing in my boat. I sanded the glue off with a d/a sander, then used a buffer and some 3m buffing compound. turned out real nice..

AngryJosh
    METHYL ETHYL KETONE You can get it at Lowe's. Will remove your problem in a minute, just use in a well ventilated area!!

Coleitis22
    METHYL ETHYL KETONE You can get it at Lowe's. Will remove your problem in a minute, just use in a well ventilated area!!
    Definitely, wear a mask when using that stuff. Lowe's and Home Depot, great spots to get what you need.

LUVNLIFE
    Sounds like METHYLETHYLDEATHAHOL Thanks. I bought some 3M remover but at 10 bucks a can and a big area it will take a while. I will check it out at HD and try it on a small spot. Now if I'm reading right before I use it I take a big whiff right? J/K I'll be careful.

Jbb
    Just a note of caution ...If you use MEK .... use it outdoors ...near no sparks....wear a good respirator....wear nitrile rubber gloves ( it absorbs thru the skin and settles in your liver) and wear tight fitting goggles in a concentrated area ..or use a fan...the fumes can dry, and badly irritate your eyes...Not stuff to fool around with... :sqeyes:

LUVNLIFE
    Thanks for the heads up. I can do it outside but better get some gloves. On second thought maybe I don't want to ef with the stuff. :supp:

sdpm
    Hi Cale, Are you going to be ready this year? If you need any help or if there is anything I can do, let me know. Talk to you later. Neil (Get er' done!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast