Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In-Control Throttle/Shifter Installation

MOBrien
    Looks great. All said and done, what kinda cost is involved in a project like this? I'd like to make a change to offshore controls over the winter and am wondering if it was a small fortune to do....
    thanks,
    MOB

1BADBAHNER
    O.K. that sounds good. I got a price of about $ 625 for the shifter alone, is that what you paid for yours. I was going to order it, but wanted to make sure I wasn't paying double for it.

Raisin Wake
    That price sounds about right. It's not a cheap project, but, it makes a huge difference. Worth every penny.

1BADBAHNER
    Cool thanks, yeah nothing about a boat project is ever cheap.

ingvey
    First off GREAT JOB and thanks so much for showing the great work . I really like this style since it sits close to the side. I have been attracted to this style but I wonder what the advantage is. You know when you have those tight docking times....when you are going in and out of reverse quickly? I have been able to do this very well with the merc style and wonder if I could with that style. second ,I would hate to loose my trim with my left thumb,it couldnt be better when I need to keep my hands in place. It looks like a very well built unit and wonder if they could place a switch there? Thanks again and if someone could tell me the advantage other than cosmetic which it looks great.

98 Vector 21
    I have the Incontroll shifter with a foot throttle and left foot trim...I like it a lot....the pedals help lock your self in when in flight of course!

filthyrat
    Ingvey, what model is your merc shifter. I am also looking ot upgrade, but only to the one lever style with the built in trim thimb switch. I have the stocker, but no trim in the handle. I will eventally go to a foot throttle to go with the regular shifter/throttle for the fun of it, but I dont like the offshore type for the same reasons you point out. SLick set-up, but I feel I have better control with an all in one unit.

98 Vector 21
    test pic post....

Raisin Wake
    First off GREAT JOB and thanks so much for showing the great work . I really like this style since it sits close to the side. I have been attracted to this style but I wonder what the advantage is. You know when you have those tight docking times....when you are going in and out of reverse quickly? I have been able to do this very well with the merc style and wonder if I could with that style. second ,I would hate to loose my trim with my left thumb,it couldnt be better when I need to keep my hands in place. It looks like a very well built unit and wonder if they could place a switch there? Thanks again and if someone could tell me the advantage other than cosmetic which it looks great.
    Rex Marine makes a cool billet switch you could easily attach to the throttle. As far as the dock does, I like the throttle seperate from the shifter. I can go forward to reverse as fast as I'd like to with no worry of accidentally going to fast in one direction.
    By the way, thanks for the compliments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12